Audi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on getting the OEM bluetooth setup installed on my 2004 B6 cab that recently had an RNS-E installed. I want to make that the placement of the bluetooth antenna will provide a good connection.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
In the UK it is under the drivers seat/carpet, in Europe and US I guess that is the passenger seat.

But the bluetooth power is so high that it doesnt matter where in the car the module is located.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So if it is placed somewhere behind the dash or behind the glove box it will work as well as the oem setup?

Does metal or other material that are between the bluetooth antenna and the receiving telephone affect the signal?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
To give you an example of the one behind my RS6 glovebox, when i was working in the house at the back, I had a tracker fitted and every time he put the key in the ignition, my phone paired. That was about 45 feet away.

It's a good way to know if your car's being nicked off the driveway with your keys as your mobile will pair up as the robbing scum starts the car.

Craig

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again Craig; I guess that answers the question! Unlike the placement of the Nav antenna, it appears that there is much lattitude in the placement of the bluetooth antenna.

Roy

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
audirb said:
Unlike the placement of the Nav antenna, it appears that there is much lattitude in the placement of the bluetooth antenna.
The signal is about a billion times stronger!

·
Registered
27 Posts
So, does every A6 from 2004 has a bluetooth already installed. I have the RNS-E installed by the factory, but how can I but it into action.

I'm from Europe.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
DonNiger said:
So, does every A6 from 2004 has a bluetooth already installed. I have the RNS-E installed by the factory, but how can I but it into action.

I'm from Europe.
The BT change happened in 2005, at least on the A3/A4. I don't know if any A6 C5 ever got BT factory installed. You will need a VAG-COM or dealer check the part number of the device at ID #77. If there is not device responding it's likely that you don't have BT. If the part number of the device responding at ID #77 starts with 8P0 and doesn't end in D or E or has no letter at the end then you might be lucky and have BT but it's not enabled.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts