Audi Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i did some reading and then testing.

according to reports here, the following writers can make successful backups all using CloneCD:
NEC 3500AG
Pioneer 109, 110, 111
NEC 3540A
Lite-On SOHN-1633S - needs booksetting utility
Sony dw-d26a - needs booksetting utility

i used my pioneer 111 with clonecd, and made a copy of a copy with different media
i wrote all the media at their recommended speeds.

MKM001 - verbatim 2.4x - works fully
CMC MAG D01 - ridisc 2.4x, also datawrite, tufdisc, datasafe and bulkpaq - recognised as map disk but wont read properly in the rns-e
RITEK D01 - infiniti, traxdata 2.4x - works fully
MKM003 - verbatim 8x - works fully
RITEK S04 - traxdata 8x - works fully
MKM01RD30 - verbatixm 4x dvd-r DL - upgrade disk only
RICOHJP D01 - datawrite 8x - not readable at all in rns-e

if i find more types of blanks i will test them

ps i have several working copies of eu disk 1 at a nominal cost for backup /test purposes.....

·
Registered
85 Posts
Can anyone confirm that Memorex 2.4x DL work?

I can also confirm the burner on my Dell Latitude D620 works....Sony DVD+-RW DW-Q58A with Verbatim 2.4x works with booksetting utility

·
Registered
258 Posts
Confirmed 2.4X with Fuji DVD+DL (6.99 CAD for a 3-pack this week on special at Future Shop) using the booktype setting utility and an A-Open DUW1616L-31 (Manufactured November 2005) and CloneCD... Works for the 2007 Torrent and for a copy of an original Maps DVD... - DOES NOT WORK WITHOUT USING THE BOOKTYPE SETTING UTILITY

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the memorex disks are either cmc mag which wont work or philips made, which i havnt tested yet

·
Registered
9 Posts
Pioneer 111d v1.23
Memorex DL

used DVD decrypter to create Image and CDClone to burn at 2.4x. I made a backup of a backup.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts