Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I´m from Portugal and i´m new at this Forum!!

I would like to know if it is possible to install a RNS-E Nav system in a Seat Leon (year 2006 - model I)!!

Can you help me??

Thks

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
I suspect it is.
There are few people with RNS-E in Passats and Seat is the same platform and components. As soon DIN opening is allowing you to install it I don't see why not.

Playing on th esafe side I would ask anyone with RNS-E to connect unit and chack CAN compatibility for speed signal.

·
Registered
88 Posts
ruisilva80 said:
Hello!
I´m from Portugal and i´m new at this Forum!!

I would like to know if it is possible to install a RNS-E Nav system in a Seat Leon (year 2006 - model I)!!

Can you help me??

Thks
Hi,

Make a search on my name and read all my posts. You will get your answers there. The RNS-E will not fitt the leon din without modding, use a dremmel and be creative. You will not find speed signal true the can so code your unit as A6 RNS-E and use the gala speed signal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,

I have a Seat leon 1M and I have managed to install a RNS-E A4 version(8E0 035 192 D). GPS is working, radio is working.

The ignition/ilumination is not working - I have read posts about getting the can signal from the drivers seat(underneath it). I will look for it.

The rear speakers are not working - I have read in the forum that an Amp will solve the problem. I have one that i used with a Sony headunit a few years ago, maybe it will work. what do i need to do?
this is the Amp I've got: http://www.clarionworld.co.uk/stock/cpa4068.asp What pins did you connected, Popov? what about the "RCA in" at the Amp you mentioned in another post? could you describe what you did?

there are 2 or 3 people that have managed to install the RNS-E on a Seat Leon on this forum. could you help me finish the installation?

Popov, are you still using the Gala signal for the GPS? or is there another option?
Do I need to program anything else with VAG-COM besides the Navigation(code as A6, correct tire value)?

·
Registered
88 Posts
cap said:
Hello,

I have a Seat leon 1M and I have managed to install a RNS-E A4 version(8E0 035 192 D). GPS is working, radio is working.

The ignition/ilumination is not working - I have read posts about getting the can signal from the drivers seat(underneath it). I will look for it.

The rear speakers are not working - I have read in the forum that an Amp will solve the problem. I have one that i used with a Sony headunit a few years ago, maybe it will work. what do i need to do?
this is the Amp I've got: http://www.clarionworld.co.uk/stock/cpa4068.asp What pins did you connected, Popov? what about the "RCA in" at the Amp you mentioned in another post? could you describe what you did?

there are 2 or 3 people that have managed to install the RNS-E on a Seat Leon on this forum. could you help me finish the installation?

Popov, are you still using the Gala signal for the GPS? or is there another option?
Do I need to program anything else with VAG-COM besides the Navigation(code as A6, correct tire value)?
My ilumination is working but i do not have any working light on the buttons bellow the screen. I do not really care beacause they will have a red light and all interior light of the leon is amber.
Connect the rear cables to the front, i have used my RNS_E that way for more then 1 year no problem.
I use the gala signal that i found in the car and speed signal that comes from the GPS.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello again,

The RNS-E in my Seat Leon has been working without the can signal for illumination and auto ON/OFF with car key. Also without programing with VAG-COM because I didn't have a license for VAG-COM. The only Thing i changed when I installed RNS-E was "STG 56 (Navigation System) -> Coding -> Function 07 " changed to 0502111 to code it as an A6 unit.

I decided that I wanted the Illumination and auto ON/OFF with the key so I bought the harness with can-bus emulator and also the VAG-COM license and tried to code it right! and my problems started!

I get a channel error when go to instrument cluster (17) - adaptation (10) -channel 62 - that is because I don't have DIS I think.

then, STG 56 -> Adaptation -> Function 10-

->channel 001 - coded the tires to 1930 (225/45R17). no problem with this

-> Channel 002 (GALA)
0 - Self calibration
8 - Audi A6 (4B)
43 - Audi A3 (8P)
45 - Audi A4 (> 2004)
-I had 45 because i have a 8E0 rns-e I changed to 8 so it knows it's going to use GALA.

And I did nothing more and now my navigation is a lot worse than it was! It looses the road sometimes and now it is saying I am miles away from where I am!!!!

So I think before coding channel 002 it was only using the gps signal?

I have RNS-E 8E0 035 192 D but vag-com says it is "N" and not "D".
version 0500
H72

Anyone with Seat Leon??? that can help me or someone else?

thnks

PS: I wil try the harness without can-bus emulator to see how it behaves. I think there should be no difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts