Audi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '06 CPO A4 Avant. The car is still under new car warranty with 44k miles. While cleaning the car I noticed small cracks in the leather along back left side of the driver seat. After wiping a few small pieces fell off leaving white specs. I understand wear and tear, but it feels a little too early. Has anybody experienced this? Any ideas on how to treat/fix before more of my seat starts coming off?

Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Crack on drivers seats are normal for 3+ years car.

My car has cracks on the drivers seat sides. Once a year I hoover the seats, use Zymol to clean lose dirt and the Audi leather conditioner to replenish the seats. Driver seat will always be the most worn. I used to have a VW full leather interior and the drivers seat had the most cracks (50k miles in both cases), also my friend BMW - same thing.

It's difficult to tell the condition of your crack from your message but generally unless theere are huge crack showing blackness within them I would just put it down to wear and tear.

It also depend on how much care the owner before you put into it. I guess the seats can be conditioned 2 or 3 times a year if needed also. Hope that helps mate ;-)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Get it to the dealer asap, before your new car warranty expires (check your original in-service date w/AoA). The dealer may try to stall, hoping you timeout of the warranty (4 years OR 50k miles). AoA doesn't like to fix this, as it's known issue. The seat bolsters (the side panels) are not actually leather--they're vinyl--and are prone to cracking. I had this issue on my driver seatback outboard bolster, but it can happen on the cushion as well. It's caused by a lack of foam support--the vinyl "tents", gets creased upon ingress/egress, and eventually cracks. The white specs you're seeing is the backing to the vinyl.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you,
On my way to the dealer, I don't have a lot of hope since my new car warranty expires next week. You have described my issue exactly, driver seatback outboard bolster

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry for the late reply,
I went round and round with the dealer. They claimed the seat problem was covered under fit and finish and that was only for 12 months. I argued this and they simply pushed me to the dealer that sold me the car (out of town).

As I am now out of new car and into the CPO I think I'm out of luck. Haven't gone directly to AoA, but based on your comment I don't have much hope.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts