Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hope i am on the right track but i would like to just confirm my thoughts i have now fitted the B7 MFSW into my B6 sorted out all abs steering etc but after driving a few hundred miles my airbag light has come back on so i went into the faults in VAG and cleared it light went out but after driving again its come back on, i think i might have a loose or poorly conected wire, but i dont know which on ie on the back of the sc ring or the big yellow one in the front of the SC ring but this is the fault code from VAG

VAG-COM Version: Release 607.2-UD

Control Module Part Number: 8E0 959 655 B
Component and/or Version: Airbag 8.4EP 3002
Software Coding: 0010602
Work Shop Code: WSC 63351
1 Fault Found:
00588 - Airbag Igniter; Driver Side (N95)
002 - Lower Limit Exceeded - Intermittent - MIL ON

could anyone point me in the right direction or confirm what i think

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
livefour2day said:
i hope i am on the right track but i would like to just confirm my thoughts i have now fitted the B7 MFSW into my B6 sorted out all abs steering etc but after driving a few hundred miles my airbag light has come back on so i went into the faults in VAG and cleared it light went out but after driving again its come back on, i think i might have a loose or poorly conected wire, but i dont know which on ie on the back of the sc ring or the big yellow one in the front of the SC ring but this is the fault code from VAG

VAG-COM Version: Release 607.2-UD

Control Module Part Number: 8E0 959 655 B
Component and/or Version: Airbag 8.4EP 3002
Software Coding: 0010602
Work Shop Code: WSC 63351
1 Fault Found:
00588 - Airbag Igniter; Driver Side (N95)
002 - Lower Limit Exceeded - Intermittent - MIL ON

could anyone point me in the right direction or confirm what i think
It sounds like you have both dual stage connected. Have you properly modified Airbag harness ? I had the same fault with the original harness. And normally this fault depends from harness before the S/C ring connector.(In front of the wheel)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you mean the 4 pin harnes or the 30 pin harnes where the daul wires are connected together i think i may have a problem on the 4 pin harness as my old connector was on pin 1 and 2 and todds was on 3 and 4 so i put the pins in the new 4 pin connector at pin 1 and 2 but i think they may be loose as i took them out a couple of times

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
livefour2day said:
do you mean the 4 pin harnes or the 30 pin harnes where the daul wires are connected together i think i may have a problem on the 4 pin harness as my old connector was on pin 1 and 2 and todds was on 3 and 4 so i put the pins in the new 4 pin connector at pin 1 and 2 but i think they may be loose as i took them out a couple of times
Yes may be it depend from thet because yesterday everything was ok

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.