Audi Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
You can check youR worK with vcds, all kessy parameters can be measured using vcds, it is important to do the coding right and then any errors related to the kessy will be visibile. After you finish the installation you can say it is working if:
1. You can stop the car using the "Stop Engine" button
2. When you try to start the car you will get "no key identified" message on the FIS.

Hi Neo

I was wondering what is the purpose of door exterior handle switch (F272, F273, F274, F275). I though this is part of the standard equipment (without kessy). But when I disassembled my door I realized it does not exist on my standard handles. Why do we have both this microswitch (which gets pushed when I try to open the door with the handle) and a touch sensor in each handles ? This switch is not mentioned in the docs (only in repair manual, and wiring diagrams in ELSA).

Thx

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
that is a back-up switch in case the touch sensor fails. It is a trigger for the wireless key code interrogation. If the touch sensor fails and you pull the door handle, the car will unlock if the key is in its proximity. The switches can be installed very easy on the standard handles, you just need the switch itself and the connector for it. The mounting is already there.

·
Registered
380 Posts
that is a back-up switch in case the touch sensor fails. It is a trigger for the wireless key code interrogation. If the touch sensor fails and you pull the door handle, the car will unlock if the key is in its proximity. The switches can be installed very easy on the standard handles, you just need the switch itself and the connector for it. The mounting is already there.
Hi neo,
I have a question for your about the switches: I was not able to find out the single spare part to fit the switches on the standard handles... Well, actually I'm sourcing out the correct handles, but the first and only I was able to find, arrived without the switch and I was wondering which is the correct part to look for to solve this small accident... ;-)

And back again to KEY programming: it would be then unuseful to look for a second hand Kessy compatible key, which will obviously already tied to another car and my dealer won't be able to reset... Or is there a way to "clean" is so that my dealer can program it ? ;-)

Thank you for your appreciated help.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi neo, i've posted the same question in the other thread of peri77 and i read only now yours....i've a question for you, i've done the retrofit of advanced key in my A4 2009, i'm now in this situation:

Current status :

- all parameters can be measured in VCDS (pressing central locking buttons, opening handles, touching the touch sensors)
- all kessy error codes are disappeared (the system can see the touch sensors, the handles, and the aerials)
- I can start & stop the engine with the stop button ( with the key inserted in the ignition switch )
- when I keep pushing the start button ( whitout the key in to the ignition switch ) "No Key Identified" message appears on the DIS

now...i'm not able to code the key to kessy system, i think is different in A6, in etka i did'n found any key or ignition switch dedicated to kessy system for audi A4 B8... and i don't know what i have to do at the moment...

have you some ideas to solve the problem??

thanks...

Andrea

·
Registered
20 Posts
Precisation: i'm just been at the dealer, but the key coding is chassis based and we not able to force the coding ok kessy to the key... this is the problem...

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
what your dealer said is not 100% true.
Please give me the part number of your key to check.

Also, have you replaced the key? The kessy key is different from the standard one. It has 2 transponders for authentication.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Neo, my key is: 8t0 959 754 D, and i've not changed.

In etka i've found only one key for A4... but i hope that you are right :)

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
@ Andreea : You need to have the ignition switch 8K0 909 131 C and the key 8T0 959 754 AM TKE in order for the kessy to work properly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
ok, the ignition switch is correct, are you sure that the key is different? i've cheked in etka and i not found any PR difference...
i just checked a S4 with kessy and have the key that you suggest....

you think is just to code the key in the 46 and will works?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
according to etka the s version key has 2 trasnponders, usually the kessy keys have a code termination in 2 letters, i.e the Q7 kessy key is AK the A6 is AF, etc, while the non-kessy is R or F.

When your dealer will code the key, if the kessy unit is detected and the ignition switch is the kessy version, both transponders will be coded. The coding is done by inserting the key in ignition switch.

If you want to check first, order the ignition switch and ask your dealer to recode again the original keys. If the keys have the 2nd transponder fitted will be programmed and the kessy will work. Otherwise you will have to buy the new keys which i am pretty certain will be the case.

·
Registered
20 Posts
ok, i've to order only the key beacuse my ignition switch is just 8K0 909 131 C, according to etka, each ignition switch 8K0 909 131 C and 8K0 909 131 D are kessy version.... right?

just for a precisation...i've checked a q5 vin with the kessy feature and have this key: 8t0 959 754 K

so is not a problem for me trying a new key, i've ordered the key that you suggest.

·
Registered
20 Posts
neo: i'vnt bought yet the key but i've checked several vim numbers... all cars i've checked have 8t0 959 754 K and have kessy feature, only "S" models have code termination in 2 letters... in etka i not found other differences between the keys ( ex: 2 trasponders as you suggest )

so the right way ( i think ) will be to buy a 8t0 959 754 k virgin key

are you according to me or not?

Andrea

·
Registered
20 Posts
so you suggest to order a new key based on a vin number with kessy function right?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Neo I also have a 2009 Q7 and i was wanting to do the retro for kessey do you have step by step parts and procedures i can follow
and if so is it the same in the USA and Europe

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Neo, in these days i'm going to receive the new key...i hope that all will works.... I'm not sure what is the correct procedure to activate the kessy key by the dealer...

another question for you: I'm going to install the kessy system on a q7 (GP2) of a friend ... any advice for me?

thanks

Andrea

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
The kessy version key has 2 transponders inside, the dealer procedure is pretty simple, there are some VAS commands in order to access and authenticate the IMMO and then the system asks you to insert the keys in ignition one by one, if the IMMO has already the kessy coding will activate both transponders otherwise the kessy transponder will not be initialized.

This means if you pair a kessy key before the kessy system is actually present and coded, the kessy part of the key will not be programmed, and if you later retrofit the kessy system you will have to reprogram the keys.

·
Registered
39 Posts
hi, neo i just finsh my keyless system all good i check with veg com there is no foults,when i press start butten on speedo dis play say NO Key Identifi
i can stop my Q7 with stop button but cant star.then i read your complete forum.i went to my local dealer to order a new key they refuse to order keyless entry key,will you please help me how can i order the key ,or where i can order the key.thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
My own Q7 (2009 mod) is factory installed with keyless system. Starting this winter (alot of salt and dirty roades) the push-to-lock button on driver's door stopped working. All three passenger doors work fine. Any idës on how to clean the button? I belive dirt has entered into the "lock-button" as I have used the button thru this winter.. How do you dissamble the lock-button then painting? if you do? Vag-Com reports this error.
00190 - Driver's Door Handle Touch Sensor (G415)
007 - Short to Ground
So I bet there is some Moisture or dirty inside the button.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
button on the door handle can not be repaired, it is sealed in a type of resin inside the handle and you can not access it at all.
you have two options, either buy a new door handle, paint it and replace the defective one, or you can swap the defective drivers door handle with another one from lets say the rear right door which is working. How many times have you locked the car pushing the door button from rear right door, (diagonal from drivers door)?

The door handles are identical for all doors and can be swapped without a problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Swap the door handles was a great tip. The one on the passenger’s front door is never locked with the button. If passengers press it is just irritating locking the door :) With children in the backside I actually have used the buttons quite often delivering them to the kindergarten :). Nice to have something to spend time on this weekend to :)

21 - 40 of 59 Posts