Audi Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Been away for some time, now back after a few years with a goal of upgrading my maps, keeping my software at 200 to maintain my Video input.

I have SW version 200 currently, which came with my Audi B7 2007 A4.

I just picked up 2010-2011 maps.

Here is what I plan to do:

Step one: Make an update CD:

Take the SW200 files
INDEX.TXT
LOADING.KWI
LDM.BIN
00.VNS
xxxxxxxx.MOT

change the index file to SOFIDX0260(*) from SOFIDX0200
(Note - I am initially going to 260 so I have the option to go to 270 in the future should there be a new upgrade in the future or if I decide I want the aux-in only option in the 260 software)

Use nero burning rom to make the disc. ISO 9660 ONLY

Put the software disc in the RNS-E and it run the updates.

Step 2: Insert my new DVD containing the 10-11' maps into my RNS-E

Step 3: Celebrate.

Is this correct? Thanks to Jerod521 for source info and many hours spent on the forums.

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
(Note - I am initially going to 260 so I have the option to go to 270 in the future should there be a new upgrade in the future or if I decide I want the aux-in only option in the 260 software).
You can do a forced "update" to an earlier version by setting adaptation channel 97 to 1 - so even if you have created a version 0300 you can still "downgrade" to 0270 later.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You can do a forced "update" to an earlier version by setting adaptation channel 97 to 1 - so even if you have created a version 0300 you can still "downgrade" to 0270 later.
I really appreciate the reply. I was sent from Audizine to this site to find out more about the RNS-E.
I have a copy of the 2009 maps that I got when I had purchased the RNS-E.
Can I use that to make the hack disk?
Sorry if this is a really old subject.

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Do I use the sds software or just the VIM hack software?
Also, it said to use the 5 update files on the disk.
Which would those be?
There are a bunch of files on the nav disk.

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
SDS isn't compatible with US RNS-E software...

The 5 files are those listed in the first post in this thread.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here is where I get stuck.
The VIM hack was a go. I got that working using the vim mod tool. After the mod, I changed #97 to 0 for update. I ran the non modded us0200 firmware. RNS-E updated with no problem, but channel 5=1.
The mod didn't stick to the unit.
It is a euro unit flashed for the us maps. (radio, cd/TV buttons) available.
*Should I re-run the hack and unplug fuse #39 and let it sit for 12 hours?
*After the mod and if I have to wait for 12 hours, what would be the next step to make this hack stick and use the current maps?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am pleased to say I am finally VIM hacked. I am planning on using a DVD player for a video source.
Which module option should I take?
AMI plus or basic?
Are these my only two options I have for a video module to give me the video input source?
I know the Plus gives me to inputs which I can use one for the RVC.

Now here is a really stupid question. If I downgrade to SW260 using the US_0200 can I still keep the VIM and AUX?

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
AMI plus or basic?
You don't mean AMI - you mean IMA (AMI is a completely different thing, so it's important not to use the wrong acronym).

Go for the Plus as that lets you control the DVD player (provided it's compatible) from the RNS-E controls.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Correction IMA, Thank you PetrolDAVE.
How about the other question with keeping VIM and AUX?

And yes, I did take a look at the IMA-PLUS over at kufatec.com website. Do you know if it comes complete with the harness? I sent them an email, but haven't gotten a reply yet.

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
How about the other question with keeping VIM and AUX?
If I knew the answer to that I would have posted it ;)

And yes, I did take a look at the IMA-PLUS over at kufatec.com website. Do you know if it comes complete with the harness? I sent them an email, but haven't gotten a reply yet.
No I don't know.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts