Audi Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,350 Posts
The K line will be available on the original connections to your radio (check the pinout label on top of the radio). This needs wiring through to the K line connection on both your RNS-E and the Bluetooth module.

A properly wired adapter will already have this cable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
I agree. What I did was splice the k-line from my nav harness to the k-line my BT harness so I wouldn't affect the stock wiring. You can find out which pin is k-line by the pinout sticker on the top of your RNS-E.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
caykroyd said:
I agree. What I did was splice the k-line from my nav harness to the k-line my BT harness so I wouldn't affect the stock wiring. You can find out which pin is k-line by the pinout sticker on the top of your RNS-E.
thx for your respons but do the dealer now what the k-line is or is there one other way
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PetrolDave said:
The K line will be available on the original connections to your radio (check the pinout label on top of the radio). This needs wiring through to the K line connection on both your RNS-E and the Bluetooth module.

A properly wired adapter will already have this cable.
thx for responding but i hope and think the dealer nows that
but why i have such a low volume
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
you can adjust the BT volume using the volume knob during a call. It should be independant of radio volume. I should also remember your previous BT volume level.


As far as K-line. I'd be suprosed if the dealer would be willing to do the work you want. And even if they do, there have been post on here stating he the dealers don't know what they are doing when it comes to this stuff
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
caykroyd said:
you can adjust the BT volume using the volume knob during a call. It should be independant of radio volume. I should also remember your previous BT volume level.

As far as K-line. I'd be suprosed if the dealer would be willing to do the work you want. And even if they do, there have been post on here stating he the dealers don't know what they are doing when it comes to this stuff
thanks for your reponse i have try,d that but it won,t work the volume is to lazy to hear it proper

yes the dealer will do that but it,s new for them to they worked for 2 day,s on mine car now for 150 € they are not a regular V.A.G dealer but they do al the navy for the regular V.A G. dealer but Audi doesn,t help at all because i did,t bought the RNSE plus by Audi
so all the help i can get is welcome
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,767 Posts
Did your car come with an Audi radio factory installed? If not then you will need to get the K line from the instrument cluster or better usde the L line in the OBD connector.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AudiA4B6US said:
Did your car come with an Audi radio factory installed? If not then you will need to get the K line from the instrument cluster or better usde the L line in the OBD connector.
no it is a audi factory radio he onley find a wire with can bus on the bluetooth
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,767 Posts
In this case the original harness should have the K wire in Connector III, labeled with K in this picture:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
"AudiA4B6US"]In this case the original harness should have the K wire in Connector III, labeled with K in this picture:

[

ok thank you and on wich one muss i connect the k wire
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,767 Posts
B5
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,767 Posts
On the RNS-E, connector B pin 5 is thre K-line, even in Europe. Look at the label on the top cover of your RNS-E.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
AudiA4B6US said:
On the RNS-E, connector B pin 5 is thre K-line, even in Europe. Look at the label on the top cover of your RNS-E.
ok thanks for the answer but please can you tell where to connect
1: C.bus H
2: C.bus
3: K diagnostic
4: Tel mute
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,767 Posts


1: CAN High: Connector I pin CAN H
2: CAN Low: Connector I pin CAN L
3: K diagnostic: Connector III pin K
4: Tel mute: Connector IV pin Mute in TELEFON section
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
AudiA4B6US said:


1: CAN High: Connector I pin CAN H
2: CAN Low: Connector I pin CAN L
3: K diagnostic: Connector III pin K
4: Tel mute: Connector IV pin Mute in TELEFON section
you are simpley the best best thank you it,s as shame that i first have to go on holiday next week to maleisie so i let you now probsly in february thanks again you are the best until now hahaha thx best wishes for you in the new year
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok thanks we have done that and the volume was higher but we try to get it louder and now it,s back so as it was now i need the code for the radio we have put on this code 301211 but it don,t work i have an audi a4 b6 2003 from europe with a normal steeringwheel and a normal radio and he still can,t find the bluetooth module
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top