Audi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

A friend has change a Concert-III to RNS-E but the first one does not use K-Line (probably has CAN diagnostic). Anybody can take a look at Elsa and tell us the clima pin-out (A4-B7) to get the K.Line from there?

Regards

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
The one I did last night had K-line on the C connector and I moved it to the B connector for the RNS_E

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
There is not Concert III, it's a Concert II+. And the Audi head unit are conneted to the L or K2 line in OBD T16/15, not to the K line that goes to various other devices. Not that it makes much difference but if you have to many devices connected to the K-line, communication will not be as stable anymore.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
The RNS-E is also diagnosticable over CAN, it does not require a K-line depending on which car it is installed into. For example, the 8P A3 has no K-line at all and the RNS-E works just fine.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just a mistake, it's not a Concert III (or II+) it's a black and white navi (new model, apparently only seen in TTs, but this A4 had one of that).

Anybody knows the clima PIN to get the K?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Again, if your old headunit does not have a K-line then your new headunit won't need one either. Your car is obviously setup to do at least limited diagnostics over CAN and the RNS-E is also.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know that, but I need K line, I use that line for more things that diagnostic.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Ummm, the K-line is ONLY a diagnostic line, if you use it for other things you will probably kill something in your car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.