Audi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to be sure I did everything right before I insert my update CD into my RNS-E (4B0 035 192 P)

The unit is currently an Euro unit with the following data from the engineering screen:

SW 0080
HW H49
HU/NAVI SW V220028C
BOOT VER V220100D
Audio SW Ver A220087-020304

I have a U.S version 2A DVD that I copied the following files to my hard drive

00.VNS
A2220109.MOT
INDEX.TXT
LDM.BIN
LOADING.KWI

I then made the following changes using Ultra Edit.

INDEX.TXT changed SOFIDX to 0090 and NAVVER to V220028D

LOADING.KWI changed the first two occurrences of V222 to V220 and replaced the 023F that was between the two V222 s with 028D.

I then wrote the 5 files to a cd in the root directory.

Have I followed the instructions properly and am I now ready to insert the CD and update the unit?

I would be very thankful for any guidance in this area.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Your update CD should be working fine but if you really had A2220109.MOT on that US DVD then you got a 1A DVD and not a 2A DVD (which includes A2220132.MOT). Shouldn't really matter but with the software 0020 from the 1A DVD you won't have phone support and the clock at the bottom of the screen.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the confirmation that what I did was correct. In addition you were correct that the file name was A2220132.MOT I somehow mistyped the last 3 digits. There was an interesting side effect that I should have realized but didn't.

I installed the CD as described above selected the nav button and the unit indicated that it was updating the software. The fist update took 4-5 minutes then the unit rebooted and again displayed the updating software. After another 3-4 minutes the unit rebooted and everything worked as US should.

The next step was to insert the 2A dvd so I could see if the maps worked right. It was at this point that I realized since I had only changed the SOFDIX by ten and increased the software version by one letter (as opposed the SOFDIX 110 and 33F) the unit would interpret the DVD as a new version and up date the system again.

After this second upgrade (from the DVD) the unit worked perfectly and the software versions were correct on the engineering screen (no Xs).

I would like to thank everyone on this forum for all the excellent advice and help. Without this forum there would not a chance in HE__ that I could have done this.

Great job everyone especially AudiA4B6US and NSXJr.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts