Audi Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears my car was supplied with '06(or possibly '05 Map DVD), since the copyright date on DVD label is 2005. I've read on this forum that '07 map DVD was released in Nov. '06.

Does Audi have any kind of policy to supply new owners updated map DVDs within a certain time period. On principle, it doesn't seem right that I purchase an '07 A3, only to shell out another $200 to get current maps/software.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
gettysburg said:
It appears my car was supplied with '06(or possibly '05 Map DVD), since the copyright date on DVD label is 2005. I've read on this forum that '07 map DVD was released in Nov. '06.

Does Audi have any kind of policy to supply new owners updated map DVDs within a certain time period. On principle, it doesn't seem right that I purchase an '07 A3, only to shell out another $200 to get current maps/software.
They are counting on your lack of knowledge. If you bought a car after release od new maps and unit is a part of the car, you are entitled to latest release.

Your Purchase date could be problematic because AOA did nort released new maps for dealer's service dept. until January. But NAVTEQ was selling then in 2nd half of decembet.

I would suggest to go to your dealer and ask for 2007 maps. They should mae you any problems anyway.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts