Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there -

After much deliberation i got a RNSE ( from a trusted seller!).

Install went smoothly, I am getting all functionality of the NAV -except - I am not getting any satellites. I have the GPS antenna outside on the dash - so that should not be an issue.

The nav does show that the car is moving, and tracks the movement correctly - i.e. if i travel north for 1 mile - it shows that correctly. I does not get a fix of the location I am in. It shows 0 sats.

I tried to drive around for 5 minutes, left it on for 10-15, still 0 sats. I reinstalled the gps cable, no change.

Any suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
sometimes it does that, it'll start registering some satellites after driving a little. if not, try doing a reset by turning off the unit, and holding down the power button until the screen goes blank and it resets... or you can do a hard reset by holding the radio button and the setup button while the unit is on until the screen blanks out. they'll show up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, I did the reset and also have driven around for more than 10 miles -still 0 sats. I am hoping its the antena. I am getting a new one -so hopefully that will work.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
What model of Audi do you have?

Where have you installed the GPS antenna?

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Antenna location sounds OK.

Some people have found that the centre pin of the antenna connectors on the RNS-E can get broken off. Have you tried looking closely inside the GPS antenna connector, and check the small gold centre pin is OK?

Failing that try to borrow another GPS antenna from someone/somewhere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.