Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a Euro RNS-E, and put it in. Everything is up to par but I don't have the DVD. Now I know to keep the Euro functions I need to flash the unit, which I dont know how to do. And if I want to keep it running Euro I need a patched DVD. Where do I find these items? I live in Toronto Ontario CANADA, and the two guys in my are that signed up to help are not returning my emails. Is there any way to get one of those DVD's through you guys.

If I'm too vague then tell me some more info I need to tell you.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I can help you with the US DVD... but I have no idea how to change it to work with EU firmware loaded on the RNS-E.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
It it much easier to get the US software loaded than hacking the US DVD to make it work with the Euro software. To load the US software all you need is a CD writer, the original (unmodified) US DVD and a few computer skills. To modify the DVD you need a pretty powerful PC and a dual layer DVD writer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry for the newbie question, but I have just taken delivery of a 2006 S4 with older RNS-E firmware (the SW I have is 0040 and the HW is H70, the map is M1N040903_NN0312). Although new maps would be nice, I am more keenly interested in updating the bluetooth interface to allow for more on-screen interaction with the phone. I am sure there are other improvements in the firmware as well.

Any info you can provide would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts