Audi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My EU unit wont recognize the disc from navteq...any helpful hints on making this disk work?? PM me please!!! :D

TIA

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
What software are you using? What is the version shown under CAR-Version? Has the US software been loaded onto your Euro unit?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AudiA4B6US said:
What software are you using? What is the version shown under CAR-Version? Has the US software been loaded onto your Euro unit?
The unit has been updated using the disc supplied to work on a 2004 US disc

as for car version is shows X- -

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Based on what you said I would guess you got a worthless "backup" copy. The original 2006 DVD works just fine with any unit that works with the 2004 disk. The fact that it says "Software Update CD/DVD" makes me believe that you didn't get an original Navteq DVD but a not working backup.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
If you have original maps 2A and converted EU->US unit then you need to have latest firmware 0110 to use those maps. I feel that you still have previous firmware. It will be enough for 2004 maps but not a new ones.

Find a post about updating to the latest firmware 0110 and then check your maps.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PROXUS said:
If you have original maps 2A and converted EU->US unit then you need to have latest firmware 0110 to use those maps. I feel that you still have previous firmware. It will be enough for 2004 maps but not a new ones.

Find a post about updating to the latest firmware 0110 and then check your maps.
Yes my firmware update disc in index said sofidx:370

I notice the US 2006 nav disc said 110

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Question is if your 370 is based on firmware 0020, 0040 or 0110. It it was created from previous firmware you will need use firmware 0110 and change SFIDX to 380. Then upgrade your NAV with that disk and you sould be able to use your new maps.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PROXUS said:
Question is if your 370 is based on firmware 0020, 0040 or 0110. It it was created from previous firmware you will need use firmware 0110 and change SFIDX to 380. Then upgrade your NAV with that disk and you sould be able to use your new maps.
Yes my 2004 map is based on 0020(found inside the Nav disc 2004), the new nav disc has 110.

So basically I need to make a separate CD using files from the 2006 disc :

00.VNS
A2220132.MOT
INDEX
LDM.DAT
LOADING.KWI

and change the sfidx inside th INDEX file from 110 to 380 right?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts