Audi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Qtek 9100 does not display provider and signal strength (not too bad) and it reads the Outlook and SIM contacts (good). But I just found this and was wondering if anybody tried it already:

http://www.jetwaremobile.com/bthfx/support.htm

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, just in case someone is interested, I just tried it with my Qtek and it displays now the provider and signal strength and I get my custom ringer, just like the Treo 650 did. I probably give it a try with another pda running wm2003 or wm5 that did not work by default with the RNS-E but for now the Qtek 9100 is fully integrated into the car.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Tried on my Moto Mpx220 - now have phonebook transfer, missed calls, dialed calls, everything! Also get "Telephone Cingular" showing as well as the signal strength indicator. None of this worked before. The only thing that does not work is the ring tone. I still have the generic ring from the RNS-E. No big deal, I am quite happy with the increased functionality.

As a total side note, I now get substantially better sound quality and the signal strength indicator in my Lexus GX as well.

Will give it a thorough testing over the next few days. Only thing I noticed is that when I was installed it, the phone would connect with the car then a minute later it would lose the connection. After I restarted a couple of times, it seems to be fine.

Great find!!

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Do they do a version for Symbian? Then we would have the same, currently missing, features on e.g. my Nokia N70.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Their web page only mentions PocketPC and Windows Phones. But this shows clearly that it's a matter of how the engineers implement the BT features on the phone side, and not how Audi designed their phone interface.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I use it too with me Qtek 9100 (MDA Vario) and it works almost great!

- ringtone plays through speaker (and since the Qtek can play mp3 files, this is really nice!)
- signal strength and operator name are now displayed
- phone book filtering however does NOT work, so I put that off (now I have 2000 contacts, I prefer to have only 100-200 synced with the RNS-E, but this feature does not seem to work)

·
Registered
104 Posts
PIMP!!!!

Signal strength and provider name finally work with my Sprint PPC6700 and my B7 A4. I tried it only for a couple minutes and it worked right off the bat. Will test later tonight when I get off work.

Thanks man!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Have had zero problems with this product since installation. It took several minutes for the phonebook to sync initially, now it is nearly instant when I get in the car.

Going to try it on a t-mobile sda in a C6 A6 next.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts