Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, newbie on this forum looking for some advice.

I have the new S3 and took delivery in early Dec, I order it with the GSM, BOSE and Sat/Nav Plus which all worked a treat. I havd the 2007 update completed abot 3 weeks ago and now the GSM kit seem to have a bug.

When I receive an inbound call the Sat/Nav plus screen swictches to the TEL mode and shows the normal items such as the caller and the number etc. The 2 options available are ANSWER or IGNORE, you can swicth between these on the multi function steering wheel. Since the 2007 update I am not able to scroll between ANSWER or IGNORE so I have to just let it ring off. Anyone else seen this issue.

Thanks, PS3

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Applied update 0600 but the GSM, thanks to the assistance of Craigb. The GSM module still does not work in the same way it did before the TMC update. You still cannot scroll to ignore on the MFSW to IGNORE and select it, you have to hold the wheel in for about 5 seconds The wheel on the RNSE unit still allows you to scroll to ignore and select it but not in the MFSW. I tired resetting the GSm module to default settings but it didnt work.

Anyone got any ideas, how you you report bugs to Audi on these units.

PS3

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
PhantomS3 said:
Anyone got any ideas, how you you report bugs to Audi on these units.
In their wisdom(?) Audi do not have a formal way of reporting bugs/enhancement suggestions/etc.

The RNS-E manual says this under "Ignoring telephone calls":

- Press the control button for Ignore, or

- Press and hold the talk button on the MFSW with A/V/Phone controls, or

- Press and hold the talk button on the MFSW with A/V/Phone controls and speech control (version A), or

- Press and hold the left-side thumbwheel on the MFSW with A/V/Phone controls and speech control (version B).

So the MFSW now works like the manual says it should ....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts