Audi Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title states, I would like to know if the wiring harness that connects the non-Bose Symphony II headunit (Double DIN) to the RNS-E is the same for the 2000-2005 A4 Non Bose as it is for the 2007 Non Bose A4???

Thank you.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
updates are very tricky... everything depends what version of firmware you are running now.
Also you need to have VAG tool cable.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont have a VAG cable... but cant I just put in the DVD with the new software on it to update automatically?

Thanks

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also, and sorry to be a bother, but is there a way to tell from the files on a DVD if its the maps for Europe or for North America??

Thanks

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
It's different (but even easier) if you have this head unit:

For the DVD, look at INDEX.TXT. If the NAVVER starts with V222 it's North America, V220 or V221 are Europe.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i do have that headunit... what do you mean by different but even easier? because i am receiving a harness from stock NON BOSE to RNS-E for the 2005... will it work with the NON BOSE headunit that you pictured above???

thanks.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
looking at those posts, i see that the only pins that are different are for the aux, the speed volume adjustment and the bose... am i correct in saying that everything will work fine if i simply plug and play?? i have no cd changer...

thanks

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
shawnie53 said:
looking at those posts, i see that the only pins that are different are for the aux, the speed volume adjustment and the bose... am i correct in saying that everything will work fine if i simply plug and play?? i have no cd changer...

thanks
It won't work 100%, so if by fine you mean 100% then no.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For everyone's knowledge: I picked up an RNS-E today, (my old headunit was the NON BOSE Symphony II+ that comes with the 2007s pictured below (No tape player) and everything, including the antennas and the harness, is PLUG AND PLAY: NO ADAPTER NEEDED. The only thing other than disconnecting the old harness and antenna and plugging in the new (direct fit) was to installed the GPS antenna. NO ADAPTOR/WIRING CHANGES NEEDED.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
shawnie53 said:
NO ADAPTOR/WIRING CHANGES NEEDED.
Please don't post the same information in two different places ...

Especially as this statement is NOT TRUE in all cases - 2 pins are in different places between the RNS-E and Symphony II+ - as posted above.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts