Audi Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

is this the latest version of the navigation dvd? Cause i saw that there is 2004 written on the disc and some guys in this forum are talking about the 2006 disc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,767 Posts
Newest version is 2A, index.txt on the root should show SOFIDX 0110.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
2a release data

Does anyone know the official release date of 2A. My A4 (which I picked up mid February) came with a 1A disk and I'm trying to make an argument to the dealer that a new car should come with the most recent software. If 2A has been out for some time I feel that will help my case.

Anyone else run into this kind of issue? Most of the problems I was having with my bluetooth phone (missing features) turned out to not be the phone, but that I was running the older 1A firmware.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,767 Posts
The 2A DVD got released in November 2005. If the map is somehow OK for you (no missing street in your area), you could ask your dealer to install the new software and continue to use the old DVD. To update the software just borrow the 2A DVD from another car and insert it. When finished put the older DVD back in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
Version 1A and 2A

AudiA4B6US said:
The 2A DVD got released in November 2005. If the map is somehow OK for you (no missing street in your area), you could ask your dealer to install the new software and continue to use the old DVD. To update the software just borrow the 2A DVD from another car and insert it. When finished put the older DVD back in.
The never ending question... I have a 1A disc but want to get the 2A disc I'm wondering what year did the 1A disc was made for the USA. It shows 2004 on the disc but thats the copy right day.

Another question how does the 2A DVD get update RNS-E unit when you can put the 1A disc back. Does the RNS-E unit read the map from DVD but I dont get how the 2A disc will update or what will the update do if your going to use the 1A back from a 2A.

thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,767 Posts
The 1A DVD is called 2005 and the 2A is called 2006 (even though the dates on the DVD show 2004 and 2005). Doesn't really matter though.

The 1A DVD includes software 0020, the 2A DVD includes software 0110. There was a period when new RNS-E got delivered with sw 0040 but that sw version was never included on any DVD.

If you insert a DVD or CD with a newer software, the RNE-E will detect the CD/DVD as update and load the new software. Once the new software is loaded it will look for a map DVD that is supported by the currently loaded software version.

In the US you can use both the 1A and the 2A DVD with any US sw version. In Europe there was a cut and RNS-E running sw 0330 and higher can only read map DVDs 2005_1 and newer.

Press the CAR button and select version, if it says 0020 or 0040 then your are running the older software. Find someone with a 2A DVD, insert teh DVD once to load the updated software and then continue to use your 1A DVD. The map data will still be outdated but you get all the features included in the new software.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
AudiA4B6US said:
The 1A DVD is called 2005 and the 2A is called 2006 (even though the dates on the DVD show 2004 and 2005). Doesn't really matter though.

The 1A DVD includes software 0020, the 2A DVD includes software 0110. There was a period when new RNS-E got delivered with sw 0040 but that sw version was never included on any DVD.

If you insert a DVD or CD with a newer software, the RNE-E will detect the CD/DVD as update and load the new software. Once the new software is loaded it will look for a map DVD that is supported by the currently loaded software version.

In the US you can use both the 1A and the 2A DVD with any US sw version. In Europe there was a cut and RNS-E running sw 0330 and higher can only read map DVDs 2005_1 and newer.

Press the CAR button and select version, if it says 0020 or 0040 then your are running the older software. Find someone with a 2A DVD, insert teh DVD once to load the updated software and then continue to use your 1A DVD. The map data will still be outdated but you get all the features included in the new software.
Thank you so much now I know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
Version 1A and 2A

AudiA4B6US said:
The 1A DVD is called 2005 and the 2A is called 2006 (even though the dates on the DVD show 2004 and 2005). Doesn't really matter though.

The 1A DVD includes software 0020, the 2A DVD includes software 0110. There was a period when new RNS-E got delivered with sw 0040 but that sw version was never included on any DVD.

If you insert a DVD or CD with a newer software, the RNE-E will detect the CD/DVD as update and load the new software. Once the new software is loaded it will look for a map DVD that is supported by the currently loaded software version.

In the US you can use both the 1A and the 2A DVD with any US sw version. In Europe there was a cut and RNS-E running sw 0330 and higher can only read map DVDs 2005_1 and newer.

Press the CAR button and select version, if it says 0020 or 0040 then your are running the older software. Find someone with a 2A DVD, insert teh DVD once to load the updated software and then continue to use your 1A DVD. The map data will still be outdated but you get all the features included in the new software.
what new features does the 2A software include?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,767 Posts
Software 0110 (included in the 2A DVD) is the first version supporting the enhanced phone features. Most visible difference compared to 0020 and 0040 is the clock that shows up now on the RNS-E screen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
Version 1A and 2A

AudiA4B6US said:
Software 0110 (included in the 2A DVD) is the first version supporting the enhanced phone features. Most visible difference compared to 0020 and 0040 is the clock that shows up now on the RNS-E screen.
so the only feature is new on the 2A is the phone?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,767 Posts
I'm sure there a couple of bug fixes as well but nobody has posted a list with all changes yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
Version 1A and 2A

I will post today as I'm getting my 2A disc today.

I'm not looking for the Map as my 1A disc has all the new places built in my area. Just looking for the new firmware.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top