1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that's what I thought- but my retrofit RNS D will not be connected to a TMC- so no point really I guess.

Just slightly off topic, I have the dash sav nat already installed as standard, would I have a TMC box in the car already??

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Do the navigation instructions appear on the DIS? If they do then you have a TMC tuner fitted (the TMC tuner is also a CAN gateway).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes they do appear in DIS (between speedo and rev counter).

You can probably guess my next question...

Could I connect my new RNS D to this TMC/CAN gateway box? If so, where is it normally located?

Apologies for continuing in the incorrect forum!

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
IIRC the TMC tuner is located on the RHS of the centre console.

IMHO your RNS-D is at least connected to the CAN part of the TMC tuner - otherwise the navigation instructions wouldn't appear in your DIS. So you should only need to check that the antenna wiring is routed through to it.

Check the posts in this "CD Navigation Plus" forum, there's quite a few experts on the RNS-D post here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So was it installed?

sh500 said:
Yeah that's what I thought- but my retrofit RNS D will not be connected to a TMC- so no point really I guess.

Just slightly off topic, I have the dash sav nat already installed as standard, would I have a TMC box in the car already??

Thanks.
I have an S8 with the simpler navigation and I'm trying to find out if I have a TMC unit installed already or not. Would apreciate the info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts