Audi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Based on the picture and description yes, that's the one you need. It even comes with the RNS-E Quadlock and ISO/Mini-ISO plugs. I would however check the wiring on both sides and make sure that the common mistakes are not the case in this adapter.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. What common mistakes are you talking about? I'm not familiar with them...

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Just the usual wiring issue like missing Bose wire, swapped ACC/IGN wires, missing speed wire. Check the quick links for Lee's (NSX JR) Symphony I to RNS-E upgrade guide and check the wiring based on the information included. Just don't simply plug it in.

·
Registered
996 Posts
yes...just check some of the install docs via www.nsxjr.com for more details.

Also, with this canbus emulator, you will not be able to add/control the OEM SAT tuner, OEM BT module and possibly the Dietz 1417. This will only provide you with an illumination and ignition signal over CAN. You still need an analog GALA/speed signal...which is already present behind your Concert HU.

Good luck!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After checking out the article, it seems like the wiring he goes over isn't applicable to my car since I don't have the digital clock. Can anyone confirm this?

Also, for the analog speed/GALA wiring, am I going to have to do custom wiring for this even after getting the emulator? I thought I'd just plug my harness into the emulator and the other end into the rns-e.

By the way, what's the BT module? I'm so much into working on the engine side of my car that all that means to me is Big Turbo, haha. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The RNS-E CAN adapter should take the existign GALA (Speed), Ignition and Lights signal from the existing connectors behind your head unit and create a CAN message for each of them. If you are using an A6 RNS-E you won't use the speed message as you wil lbe routing the GALA wire directly to the RNS-E. You still need the CAN messages for lights and ignition you keep the RNS-E turned on.

As Ted said, you won't be able to retrofit SAT or the Bluetooth (BT) phone interface but you should be able to retrofit the AV interface (Dietz 1417 or similar) to watch DVDs from an external player.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
okay, that sounds more plug and play :D

I'll be using the A6 unit since it seems that's the one that'll fit in my opening with little modification.

How is the speed wire connected directly? From the picture, it looks like only 2 of the 4 clips are going into the emulator. I'm guessing the other 2 clips are plugged directly into the RNS-E unit.

I really appreciate all your help! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.