Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Yes it is something that only MMI will do and does it now.

The A4 B8 chassis will probably have this.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I mean I know its not for the regular RNS-E but maybe it's possible with a CD Changer that is connected to the canbus?

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
In all honesty I cannot see Audi developing a CAN BUS based CD changer for the remaining life of the A3/A4. Nice if it happened, but I doubt it. All their efforts are going into MMI products now.

Having said that the R8 is an RNS-E it seems, but then again, supercars are usually high on performance and low on gadgets.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
There is a possibility for an A3/A4/TT/R8 AMI because all new radios, the BNS 5.0 and the RNS-E do have an AUX in. Audi could create an AMI for the low end cars that is using that AUX in. Just a speculation but I read twice so far references to a new Audi iPod adapter for the non-MMI systems that may get released sometimes this year.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
UK Tony said:
I have ordered a new TT with RNS-E and an official IPOD connector which comes installed into the glove box
Based on what has been posted so far, that iPod connector will just be the standard CD changer type adapter that is available now for several years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts