Audi Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Just wanted to know if we have found a way to get rid of the bug involved with the red cluster screen in which you have to turn on route, turn off and back on the RNS-E to get the cluster to display nav info correctly?! Is there a way to get it to show nav info all the time without having to turn off and on the RNS?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
shawnie53 said:
Hello. Just wanted to know if we have found a way to get rid of the bug involved with the red cluster screen in which you have to turn on route, turn off and back on the RNS-E to get the cluster to display nav info correctly?! Is there a way to get it to show nav info all the time without having to turn off and on the RNS?
I have a B5 S4 and don't have that problem. Put the Compass in the NAV display settings. As long as you hve it wired correctly the display should pop right up.

You have it on correct?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
819 Posts
There is no way of fixing the bug. Audi could not be bothered, that why color DIS is standard when you spec nav.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
819 Posts
No Idea! From what I have read on this and other forums you have to replace the cluster, which will require a visit to a dealer to get recoded. Not a cheap or easy retrofit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
530 Posts
I don't have the issue with my K unit RNS-E, but did with my old C unit RNS-E. FWIW both were running the same SW (0500).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
TDiAvant said:
No Idea! From what I have read on this and other forums you have to replace the cluster, which will require a visit to a dealer to get recoded. Not a cheap or easy retrofit.
Someone from South Africa reports early one this forum, the RED DIS works perfect with A4 B6/B7.
The RED DIS is standard in South Africa in New cars with RNS-E.

So there must be something

Peet
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hmmm... could it maybe have something to do with the k-line not being properly connected?? or is that just for VAG?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
530 Posts
Did you have any issues recoding the RNS-E or accessing the RNS-E via VAG-COM?

If not, then you're K-line connection should be fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
530 Posts
Possible, but I think it is more related to the hardware revision of the RNS-E as I had the issue with an 8E0 035 192 C unit but don't have it with an 8E0 035 192 K unit..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Peet said:
TDiAvant said:
No Idea! From what I have read on this and other forums you have to replace the cluster, which will require a visit to a dealer to get recoded. Not a cheap or easy retrofit.
Someone from South Africa reports early one this forum, the RED DIS works perfect with A4 B6/B7.
The RED DIS is standard in South Africa in New cars with RNS-E.

So there must be something

Peet
This is the topic from Fido Dido from South Africa: http://www.navplus.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4137&highlight=
About his RED DIS in the brand new B7

Peet
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
something wierd happened today. i started the car, turned on am radio, opened the hood, opened the drivers door, closed the hood, closed the door, went into engineering mode, went into each setting in order from top to bottom, when in speed sensor screen, went into reverse for a sec (1mph), back into drive, and left engineering mode, then did an auto scan on all am stations, turned off the rns, and when it was back on, even though route guidance was not active, the dis showed the navi screen (with the compass). the funny thing is that now, even after turning off the car and having the rns go into deep sleep, i only need to turn off and on the rns to get the dis to work and no longer need to turn on route guidance before.... maybe no need to do all the steps listed above, but thats what i did!!!
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top