Audi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not knowing anything about all of the Ipods and Icelinks and what not that's out there.

Do any of them actually put the ID tags on the RNS-E screen? Is it even possible?

What about this, would this be possible if the Ipod (or even possibly the Phatbox) was ran thru a CANbus box that translated the signals to the RNS-E?

Is someone here capable of making a box like that?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
It is not possible. The RNS-E is not set up to recieve and display data for such a device... unless you completely custom make a video interface that can be used while in TV mode. Something like what Dirk was working on with his CAR PC project.

·
Registered
142 Posts
and with the (max 100 gigabyte!) Phatnoise, you get the ID-tags played back via voice! this works very good!

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
S4udibert said:
and with the (max 100 gigabyte!) Phatnoise, you get the ID-tags played back via voice! this works very good!
Actually you can get a 160gb! I've got a 100gb right now, but I'm about to buy a 160gb and put it in the DMS.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I picked up one of those VW phatnoise units that everybody snatched up on sale some time ago. sitting at home in a box right now - may have to dust it off and figure out how to install.

·
Registered
142 Posts
todd1010 said:
S4udibert said:
Actually you can get a 160gb! I've got a 100gb right now, but I'm about to buy a 160gb and put it in the DMS.
@todd1010: I see the maximum is now 120Gb (US$ 399), where did you find the 160Gb and at what price??

@sfoperator: better go to install it, it is awesome! :D

·
Registered
142 Posts
ah, that is very good news..........it really took a few years to accomplish this "hack", but I understand July 26 was the day these guys did it! Or was this already in 2005 and I was sleeping because I gave up (when the official Phatnoise forum went down last year)? ;-)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts