Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to decide, when it's time to get a new car (mileage is getting up there on mine), what car I would replace the A4 with.

I'd like another Audi...but I really don't want to lose any of the features of the RNS-E.

Do the new A6s have SD card support and BT support? I don't remember seeing any SD slots last time I sat in one.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The RNS-E in the A3/A4 is currently the only OEM device that can play MP3 from SD cards. The upcoming Symphony II+ and the BNS 5.0 navigation will be able to play MP3 from CD-ROM but there are information about anything similar getting released for the MMI anytime soon.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Not as far as I know. But you can connect 2 of the 6 CD changers :lol:

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
And of course the dension Gateway 500 will give you an Ipod connector, USB socket for card readers etc and a set of RCA phono inputs for the MMI system and you will get ID tags on the MMI display, so in theory you could add a USB card reader with an 8GB CF card.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I expect the Gateway 500 to be finally available when I order my B8. Oh wait, since the B8 is supposed to get the MMI I may even get TV in motion and continue my CarPC project. :roll:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts