Audi Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been strugeling trying to get my BT module to work with my RNS-E with only limited sucsess.

It is part no 8P0 862 335 without any suffix letter and I can only get code 000822 into it not the 010822 that I want.

I was under the impression that it would work OK but would not be able to interigate the phone's phone book.

But now someone has said that it won't intergrate with the rns-e :!:

So how does it work then, how do you link it to a phone ???

How do you even answer a call ?

Is there is a link to anywhere the explains the different features of each variation of module and where is the best / cheapest place to get the latest version (UK)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No it is not rev A - it has no suffix letter !

When I press TEL on he RNS-E it displays no telephoe present, if I press the Sterring wheel bottom left button the Nav Lady says connect phone and the bottom right button she says input voice command ?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,350 Posts
Dave.G6HNI said:
It is part no 8P0 862 335 without any suffix letter and I can only get code 000822 into it not the 010822 that I want.

I was under the impression that it would work OK but would not be able to interrogate the phone's phone book.
Whoever gave you that impression was talking total rubbish.

Check out the part number link on here and you will see that to get full RNS-E integration you need a Bluetooth module with one of these suffixes: C, F, M, H (H is the newest, I'm using an M).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
258 Posts
What kind of integration would an 'A' module give?? Would I have basic answer, would I be able to dial from the RNS-E, would i be able to see caller id information on the RNS-E, would i be able to see phonebook on RNS-E???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PetrolDave said:
Dave.G6HNI said:
It is part no 8P0 862 335 without any suffix letter and I can only get code 000822 into it not the 010822 that I want.

I was under the impression that it would work OK but would not be able to interrogate the phone's phone book.
Whoever gave you that impression was talking total rubbish.

Check out the part number link on here and you will see that to get full RNS-E integration you need a Bluetooth module with one of these suffixes: C, F, M, H (H is the newest, I'm using an M).
OK that's really bad news, but I'm now confused as to how it can work without rns-e intergration, how do you connect or pair a phone etc ?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,350 Posts
Dave.G6HNI said:
OK that's really bad news, but I'm now confused as to how it can work without rns-e intergration, how do you connect or pair a phone etc ?
You don't have to have an RNS-E to have a Bluetooth phone kit, it's available with the "normal" radios but it needs a MFSW to control it.

If you don't have an MFSW, then you need a module capable of integration with the RNS-E so you can use the RNS-E to control the phone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do have a MFSW and I have coded that to 04111 and the bottom buttons now have different functions, the left one causes the nav lady to say "connect phone", while the right one causes her to say "input voice command"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,759 Posts
I was under the impression the non suffix one is not even bluetooth. Cradle connection only.

Really you should get a C, F, M or H revision for the RNS-E as Dave says. They are around £230 squid from the dealers.

H is the latest revision.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dave.G6HNI said:
I do have a MFSW and I have coded that to 04111 and the bottom buttons now have different functions, the left one causes the nav lady to say "connect phone", while the right one causes her to say "input voice command"
That would explain why my phone can't see it, but it does have an aerial socket and a BT aerial ?

Re the latest unit being H - in part numbers it says that M is later by .1 ???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,759 Posts
you cannot buy M's anymore, H is the latest revision
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,350 Posts
Dave.G6HNI said:
Re the latest unit being H - in part numbers it says that M is later by .5 ???
That error has been corrected.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
The 'A' module does actually work but only gives basic functionality (no phonebook etc) but you can answer and dial from the RNS if you set via vag com. I re installed this into my S4 before I sold it and it actually worked!..
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top