Audi Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched this and other forums to find an ideal solution for connecting my iPod to my Nav unit, but I'm a bit confused with all the options. What I'd like is really simple: a straight mini-plug connection from my iPod to the head unit while still being able to use the CD changer. Is this possible? I guess I could manage loosing the changer, but I'd like to keep control of the iPod when it comes to selecting songs. I don't want to be limited by only being able to choose from 6 playlists.

Sorry if the answer is straight forward, I've tried looking for all of this, there are just so many options, none of which are the ideal of being able to browse through everything from the nav screen like you would on your ipod...but I guess that's a bit too limited to justify the R+D.

Thanks,
Kyle

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The new Dension DICE or IceLink Gateway how it's called in Europe is the only device that is supposed to allow the conenciton of an iPod and a CD changer at the same time. Any other solution will only allow one CD changer style device. Even with the DICE you won't anything you don't get already with the CD changer, so no CD text, no ID tags, just the plain prev/next/random/6 plylist stuff already known from the IceLink.

Dietz is supposed to come out with a device that displays information on the DIS. No details are know yet but since they have to use the CD changer posrt to control the device, the RNS-E may not offer any additional functionality compared to the IceLink, except that you get ID tags on the DIS. No release date yet for this device though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.