Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know if i just live in a bad area but im having trouble getting TMC reports from the latest 2007 maps

I have had them working and sometimes i can spark them into life by ejecting the DVD and putting it back in.

I note in the bit where you set what radio station you want to recieve them on that Classic FM is quite often not there. I see Broadlnd (presumable Broadland FM?) sometimes but other times there is nothing in the list

Do you have to have Classic FM on or does it just take time to download the reports - most of my journeys are under 15mins to work. Perhaps i need to read the manual (work of the devil!)

Thanks

Jake

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
It takes some time to download the reports but wasn't there an option to set two times when you want it to wake up and download reports without you being in the car?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think the timer is for traffic programmes - eg recordings of radio broadcasts

I will give it some more time!

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
The timer is for traffic programmes - I have it setup to record the voice traffic announcements for about an hour before I leave home in the morning and about an hour before I leave work in the evening.

TMC tries to update all the time, but remember it's an FM radio based system that is extracting quite complicated data off the FM radio broadcasts - so if you are not in an area where at least one of he radio stations transmitting TMC is a strong signal then you will get problems.

Remember any radio based system will have areas of weak signal reception (like digital terrestrial TV in the UK at the moment), so TMC WILL be intermittent in those areas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts