Audi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read through a lot of posts in the site and one of the most detailed installation is http://www.navplus.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=527 by Avantéix, thanks for your help first :)
i haven't bought the unit yet because i want to make sure I could install it before I get it, but there are couple of questions i want to ask :)

Is it necessary to do the steps after pulling the foot well light out? are those used for passing the GPS antenna from the RNS-E to fuse box? or that is for accessing to the VAG port? its because i am thinking about installing the RNS-E by myself and get someone else do the VAG for me, and i am not sure about how could i do the steps from aligning bottom of the knee bolster to reposition the clamp back to its upright position

thanks a lot for help if anyone could answer the two questions for me 8)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 06 A3 2.0T that i bought last august with premium package and sound package. 1 other thing that i would like to ask about is, i remember i read another post talk about a GPS antenna and that was a magnetic thing that place on a certain place...that wasn't something look like the installation i referred earlier, which should be the way to go?( coz i had read so many posts and its kinda hard for me to find that post again, sorry :oops: )

okay i finally got it :)

http://www.navplus.us/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=494

Some say i should place the antenna somewhere beneath dashboard, and some say its somewhere behind the instrument cluster or some say its somewhere close to fuse box, and i read some other post say i can just place it somewhere in the glove box=.= i am so confused now :(

·
Registered
128 Posts
I placed my GPS antenna on top of my glove box and it works great. I pick up about 7 satellites on average. I never drop below 5 satellites

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your reply, from what you say, you place it on the glove box, does that means you have to remove the glove box and place the antenna or does that means you just simply let the receiver stays on the dashboard and let the line stay outside?

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Remove the glovebox (5 or 8 hex headed bolts - that's all), and put the GPS antenna on the underneath of the dashboard using double sided tape.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
On the A3 there is a hole just above the RNS-E that the GPS antenna can sit in, it is just between the heater vents, use double sided tape to place it in there, no need to remove the glovebox.

Have a feel about in the hole and you can feel the top of the dash.

Craig

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
craigyb said:
On the A3 there is a hole just above the RNS-E that the GPS antenna can sit in, it is just between the heater vents, use double sided tape to place it in there, no need to remove the glovebox.

Have a feel about in the hole and you can feel the top of the dash.

Craig
Thanks a lot!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts