Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
I am trying to install XM and Nav into my 05 A6. Where is the best place to purchase both the xm kit and the nav kit. Also, does anyone have any detailed instructions on how to do it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
49 Posts
the obvious answer from some of the folks here will be to check the quick links. that being said, i've done that and wouldn't mind seeing more detailed instructions for this particular install (RNS-E and XM). Hopefully someone will chime in with a link as I'm sure this must have been done and documented before.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
sfoperator said:
wouldn't mind seeing more detailed instructions for this particular install (RNS-E and XM).
Since this is the MMI Forum, not RNS-E Forum, at least one of you is looking in the wrong Forum!

If you have a new A6, new A8 or Q7 then this is the Forum to look in because those cars have the fibre-optic based MMI system.

If you have an A2, A3, A4, old A6 or old A8 then you should be looking in the DVD Navigation Plus (RNS-E) Forum because those cars were (or can be) fitted with the RNS-E - I think that's at least you, sfoperator.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, just to let everyone know, I retrofitted Nav and XM at the same time and it works great. I didn't have to reprogram anything it just started up right away. If anyone has any questions on how to do either installations, please let me know. I would be more than happy to help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an 05 A6 and am very interested in fitting the NAV system. Any info (instructions, part numbers, where to buy, etc...) will be appreciated.

THX

·
Registered
6 Posts
Percavman...

Did your wiring harness have all the connectors in place for both the Nav and the sat radio?

I have an early model '05 A6 with nav, and have just discovered that my car does not have the harness for the sat tuner...wondering if you had to add an adapter or new harness....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.