Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Interesting thread. So what exactly is the "RNS-E-lookalike" unit that was in there originally and which was removed and donated its front panel?

Looks just like an RNS-E nav unit but obviously can't be or there'd be no point in replace it it with one. I'm confused :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I did't understod that myself but I guessed Lambo had a special rns-e unit or something. Someone with an answer?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
If you buy an 06 gallardo without nav, then you get the RNS-E with the navigation functions completely disabled. The only way to enable them is to have the unit recoded by Lambo in Italy (for thousands $$) or to replace the entire unit as this owner did.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Interesting, I wonder how long before someone works out how to do this recoding themselves to enable the nav functions on a disabled unit?

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
I worked on this Lambo few moths ago and this was the first RNS-E non-navigation unit I saw in my life :D We basically tried everything, codes, maps etc. His radio looks exactly like regular RNS-E but second EEPROM is hardcoded with disabled NAV function.

I suspect that engineering codes for OS could enable this function like it is possible to unlock VIM, but this would require more than VAG or VIS tools.

I told him that before I sell him new unit we need to try everything else to be sure that he really need one. Unfortunately we couldn't unlock NAV function so he decided to swap the faceplate. I guess this is the best solution for now ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.