Audi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Assuming you know how to get the radio out and plug in the adapter harness, Troy's pictures should help you getting the GPS antenna installed behind the instrument cluster: Installation pics for EU RNS-E in US A4 (B6). If you want to use the GPS antenna in your sharkfin, Paul's message on AudiWorld should give you some ideas: Just installed DVD Nav RNS-E US in my B6 S4 (long)

Besides PROXUS nobody has reported installing the new sat receiver but the job is quite complex (at least for the Avant). Ultrasport-Sal posted some pictures of his iPod install on AudiWorld, which required getting some wires to the sat receiver and he posted some nice pictures on how to get to the sat receiver: I-pod install with XM radio..Long with quite a few pics

No pictures for the Parrot, sorry. But it should be pretty straight forward if you follow the instructions which come with the kit and code your RNS-E for no phone. There are some pins for the phone on the RNS-E which are marked as such. There is one longer thread about the Parrot but I don't know if it answers your questions: Bluetooth Phone install

Have fun...

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Nobody has done the OEM upgrade yet. The phone interface is in Europe about 250 Euro, hard to say what it will cost in the US until it gets released with the MY06 A4. But there are some guys over in Germany trying to get a custom harness together to retroffit the OEM phone kit.

If you want it now, get the Parrot. If you have time, wait and see what happens in regards to the OEM stuff.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Nice writeup.

The MP3 shuffle issue has been mentioned before several times, hopefully Audi is listening and adding this to the next software update. The newest Euro software had some other issues fixed (like no pause or mute while navigating) and the next US software should be released soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts