Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I installed the Dietz 1417 and 1280 (many thanks to all the installs on this site!) and everything works beautifully. Strangest thing though... when the 1280 is switched on, I lose my one-touch windows!

I was actually at a drive through and had a Family Guy episode playing, and hit my driver's side window and it would not go down via one-touch. I checked the others and they would not work either. Since it is the first weird thing to happen since I installed the 1280, I switched it off, and bam- they worked fine again!

Sooo strange... I can confirm that the install has been done properly, but has anyone else experienced this, or any other things that are rendered inoperable with the 1280 (besides the obvious inability to use Nav)?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Are you sure about this... or could it be that this was the first time you put the windows down after disconnecting and reconnecting the battery?

In Audi the 1-touch windows will not work the first time after the battery has been disconnected. You must manually put the window down and back up for the window control module to re-learn how far to go.

Try your windows again with the 1280 switched on and let us know if you are still having problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts