Audi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,
I've been talking to Dirk about this subject and I just want to verify a few things. The Dietz 1417 is easy to hook up (CAN H/L, power, ground) - DONE! But I just want to verify the connection of a few wires from for the Dietz 1280. Here is the installation guide for the 1280:
http://www.tm-techmark.com/touareg/PDFfiles/1280anl.pdf

My core questions:
1) Does pin 4 (purple wire) on the 1280 get installed to a constant 12V+ source and is this were the toggle switch is located?

2) Does pin 8 (orange wire) just need to be connected to the remote amp 5V+ "turn-on" lead from behind RNSE (pin D13)?

3) Dirk recommends that Pin 7 (usually plugged into Constant 12V+) be connected to an ignition source instead. Has anybody with the 1280 ever suffered from a drained battery etc? Where is there a good ignition power source underneath the drivers side dash of the B6 (besides behind the instrument panel)? As I understand it, there isn't a terminal labelled "75x" for ignition power under the fusebox area (similar to the B5/C5).

Many thanks for your input.

-ted

·
Registered
515 Posts
1) Does pin 4 (purple wire) on the 1280 get installed to a constant 12V+ source and is this were the toggle switch is located?
yes, this is how i have had mine hooked up for almost a year now..

2) Does pin 8 (orange wire) just need to be connected to the remote amp 5V+ "turn-on" lead from behind RNSE (pin D13)?
the instructions say pin 8 (orange) is for automatic switch when the reverse is laid in, so i did not hook it up and it has been working for almost a year now..

3) Dirk recommends that Pin 7 (usually plugged into Constant 12V+) be connected to an ignition source instead. Has anybody with the 1280 ever suffered from a drained battery etc? Where is there a good ignition power source underneath the drivers side dash of the B6 (besides behind the instrument panel)? As I understand it, there isn't a terminal labelled "75x" for ignition power under the fusebox area (similar to the B5/C5).
part a: mine is connected to 12V constant and the battery did go dead once - after sitting for over a wk.. though there are also dead battery issues with the RNS-E alone.. so i am not really sure the source.. the doors were not locked and i have read that all systems dont shut down until they are locked.. it will be sitting for over a wk again in July, i will lock the door this time and see what happens..

part b: i do not know of a easy switched 12V on a B6 either..

i wanted to hook my multimedia up to 12V constant since the RNS-E works without the key..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts