Audi Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a RNSE unit from one of the recomended sellers on this site and I have come across a couple of problems. It is very sluggish when updating and when I try to get route guidance it says, "unable to provide route assistance you are not on a digitized road", I am getting 7 satelites constinatly and cant figure it out. The other problem is that the unit appears to never turn off, you can just push the power button and the unit will come on with no key in the igination, and the buttons do not light up when the headlights are on. Any help would be apperciated.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sounds like you have a B5 A4/S4 and you did not hook up the CAN connections... Make sure you have the wiring correct- check out the instructions on nsxjr.com The jerky map updating is because of the speed wire not being connected... again, check your wiring :)

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Sounds like either you have a faulty CAN bus connection, or your unit is nor coded for an A4.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I checked the pins for the CAN bus cables and they seem to be reversed. CAN-H goes from 9 to 12 on connector 1 and CAN-L goes from 10 to 7 on connector 1. Gonna try and get them reversed and try it.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
B3 is not used in a A4 B6 or A3 8P, only in an A6 C5 (or A4 B5 and A3 8L) the v pin is used ofr the pseed signal. Is the unit coded properly for an A4? If coded for an A3 or A4 Cabrio it may act as you described.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I reversed the can bus cables and it is starting to work a lot better. the button light up and now when I turn the lights on the buttons illuminate. Thanks for all the help. Going to go and drive around to make sure the nav works now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well those cables being switched were the cause of all my problems. Drove around for an hour and everything works. That wiring guide that NSXJR has is awesome, thanks for putting that information out! . Now to put some MP3 on the SD card :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts