Audi Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all,

Recently I just installed one RNS-E unit in my A3 (8P) and it works fine. :D
Now I just like to know if it's possible install a MFSW without TIP in my car, because it would be much more comfortable to control the unit.

Anyone knows if it's possible? If yes, where I can find parts?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Yes, it is possible. If you have cruise control, then you can simply install the steering wheel, do some VAG-COM recoding, and you're done.

If you don't have cruise, then you'll probably have to buy a new SCSM as well, then continue with the steps above. See some threads in the off-topic forum about retrofitting cruise control.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NSX JR said:
Yes, it is possible. If you have cruise control, then you can simply install the steering wheel, do some VAG-COM recoding, and you're done.

If you don't have cruise, then you'll probably have to buy a new SCSM as well, then continue with the steps above. See some threads in the off-topic forum about retrofitting cruise control.
Thanks NSX JR for your reply.
I just found the off-topic about retrofitting cruise control.

Question?
What is SCSM that you are talking about?

·
Registered
19 Posts
SCSM= Steering column switch module.

This is the module that controls various steering column electronics, like the buttons on the MFSW, the cruise control, windshield wiper switch, turn signal switch, etc. It also contains the steering angle sensor for the ESP functions.

Regards,
GrSpider

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
grspider said:
SCSM= Steering column switch module.

This is the module that controls various steering column electronics, like the buttons on the MFSW, the cruise control, windshield wiper switch, turn signal switch, etc. It also contains the steering angle sensor for the ESP functions.

Regards,
GrSpider
Thanks for info :wink:

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
FYI, the SCSM you need is the "R" version. So, if your SCSM part number ends in "R", you're all set. You can check the part number with VAG-COM by going to the control module "16 - Steering wheel".

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NSX JR said:
FYI, the SCSM you need is the "R" version. So, if your SCSM part number ends in "R", you're all set. You can check the part number with VAG-COM by going to the control module "16 - Steering wheel".
Hi,

This is a very good information, I'll check with VAG-COM if my control module ends in "R".
Thanks

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NSX JR said:
Hi,

I just check today with Vag-Com and I found that I have controle module reference 1K0 953 549 AH.

That means that I must buy one module "R" version if I want mfsw, right?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
1K0 953 549 AH

I don't really recognize this part number. I assume this is specific to the A3 so the previous discussion about the "R" version may not apply to you. Someone will need to do research on the proper SCSM for your vehicle.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NSX JR said:
1K0 953 549 AH

I don't really recognize this part number. I assume this is specific to the A3 so the previous discussion about the "R" version may not apply to you. Someone will need to do research on the proper SCSM for your vehicle.
Hi,

Can you help me on that research or tell me where I can do it myself?

TIA

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
msullx said:
You could try looking here - it's like an online cut down ETKA and lists part numbers etc.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
PetrolDave said:
msullx said:
You could try looking here - it's like an online cut down ETKA and lists part numbers etc.
Hi,

Thanks for link. I try to find that part number in vagcat.com but I can't find anything. Maybe is a very recent part, I don't know.

I'll keep looking... because I really want to have one MFSW. It's a must!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.