Audi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 6 months ago I swaped my 2002 version symphony II (I looks the same as my new symphony II except the new one has a SAT button) for a 2003 symphony II, I did this for the SAT radio fundtionality. I had to wire the car for the SAT and run 3 speaker wires and a twisted pair for the CAN-bus. I am now moving up to the RNS-E I purchased the unit from the well known Haggie/Albert and he is going to code the unit for my car and everything and he says it should be plug and play.

1. My question is will my car have the correct wiring, even though it didn't have the SAT wiring in place?

2. Also how can I get the color DIS in my car instead of the normal red? Would I have to replace my cluster with the S4 cluster?

Thanks in advance!! :D

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Your SAT radio will work fine as long as you get the harness that includes CDC connections.

You do have to replace your whole cluster to get the color DIS.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NSX: Cool! So what are my options to get the color DIS? Would I have to get an S4 cluster?
Also thank you, I wanted to say that your website looks great! Thier is so much information on their it really helped me install my SAT radio! I was going to "Donate" a new website to you, (I am a web developer), but it seems like you beat me to it! Look great though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for this link, I read through the 7 pages this morning and it seems like I am going to stick with the old school Red DIS, 1000 bucks is a hefty price, plus I like to stay away from dealer involvment. I like to keep my prjects DIY. Maybe in the future though. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
berr0825 said:
NSX: Cool! So what are my options to get the color DIS? Would I have to get an S4 cluster?
Also thank you, I wanted to say that your website looks great! Thier is so much information on their it really helped me install my SAT radio! I was going to "Donate" a new website to you, (I am a web developer), but it seems like you beat me to it! Look great though.
Thanks for the offer, I may take you up on it one day. I don't know much about web design :?

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
If you are running OEM Audi SAT tuner then you need to be sure that your tuner is RNS-E ready. (see part number section for compatibility info).
Otherwise you would not be able to control your SAT via RNS-E

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the heads up. Actually haggie gave me the heads up on that as well. I had to buy the same tuner but with the "D" at the end :) These projects sure do add up :!:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:) Well I have the "D" already so I guess that is what I will be using. I'm assuming that I can just unplug the one without the "D" and put in this new "D" unit. Do you know if that is true?

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Yes It is plug and play.
It will ask you for Radio ID which you need to write down and cal Sirius to activate.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts