Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just fyi: in the existing RNS-E units 3 different laser units are used, as by info from a current ebay.de auction for a laser unit. This can explain the differences between the RNS-E's concerning reading errors:

"Die Lasereinheit ist kompatibel zu vielen RNS-E Geräten. Allerdings werden in den RNS-E Geräten 3 verschiedene Lasereinheiten verbaut.
Senden Sie uns bitte eine Anfrage mit der exakten Bezeichnung Ihres RNS-E Geräts wenn Sie sich nicht sicher sind welche Einheit Sie benötigen!!!"

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rns-e laser assambly

Just fyi: in the existing RNS-E units 3 different laser units are used, as by info from a current ebay.de auction for a laser unit. This can explain the differences between the RNS-E's concerning reading errors:

"Die Lasereinheit ist kompatibel zu vielen RNS-E Geräten. Allerdings werden in den RNS-E Geräten 3 verschiedene Lasereinheiten verbaut.
Senden Sie uns bitte eine Anfrage mit der exakten Bezeichnung Ihres RNS-E Geräts wenn Sie sich nicht sicher sind welche Einheit Sie benötigen!!!"
Hello, becouse you are an expert in this laser lens I whant to ask you about a RNS-E UNIT FROM 2004 .On the laser ribon it is a serial number or something like that 30.2D4b31mb and also lower is 33.4D4b2z7c , do I bought from somebody this assamly but it have no serial on that ribon only on the box it have RAE0142/I.C
After I change this the unit is giving me that the disc is improperly inserted but the audio cd it is working very good.
Please do you have ideea what is happening?
THANK YOU

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think you had removed the CD spindle motor to replace the laserunit, otherwise it's an terrible job to do. But.. when removing the spindle motor causes more trouble because one of the 3 screws is an adjustment screw to line out the disc on the laserunit.. This is an very delicate adjustment and has the most influence on the DVD reading.. CD audio works most of the time fine.. The only thing you can do now is adjust the screw (has an little spring underneath) so the DVD can be read..
To do so: adjust the srew by 45 dgr then go testing, if not: another 45dgr just as long it works.. (took me 3 hours at the first time because of the fact that this Fu%$#g srew is not accesable during operating for testing..)

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts