Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was concealing all of my wires for RNS-E & BT Module but when I hooked up the negative battery cable my Radio fuse blew. I tried another one and it blew also.

I just hooked up the BT module and I ran the power wire to D-16 on the RNS-E. Is this the correct pin? I also ran CAN wires for the CAN Distribution Box. If you know something I can check, contact me.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I would check the 54 pin connector, it is easy to get that out by 1 row. It will take out the fuses if you do that.

I know as I did it once on an A3.

Make sure the wires in the 54 pin connector are aligned to pin 1 for +12V

Craig

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found the problem! Lanny had the Main Power wire running to connector III at pin #8, and Ground Wire running to pin #7. They should have been reversed. So I just switched them and everything is fine.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Glad to hear it was something simple. Hope it didn't hurt your RNS-E or TEL module.

Hate to say it, but another example of why each and every plug and play harness should be checked for accuracy before plugging in $2000 worth of electronics to your car!

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah your right about that. I'm glad they both have fuses. It was blowing my head unit & the radio fuse at the fuse panel.

I'm very happy it was simple as I told Lanny. But he was very helpful and was going to overnite me a new harness. I told him I wouldn't give up yet and found the problem. I'm really happy I didn have to get another one as I had my car torn apart more times than I've driven it, so last night I got to button her back up and everything works perfectly!

·
Registered
300 Posts
I am really glad all worked out and happy Lanny took care of you. Sorry you had these troubles.

Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts