Audi Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Icelink plus Ver 2.05 and like to update the firmware to 2.17. I followed all the steps that I got from the website did what the steps said but once I plug the ipod to icelink it will not update.

Help what am I missing?

Is there another how to or someone that did it can tell me the steps.

Thanks

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I followed the steps and as it was going from numbers it hung on 525. Does the update show the numbers? on the 2.17 there is 820 so files but it doesnt copy in order does that matter?

I even formated the ipod and loaded 2.15 the update didnt work.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Did you start playing the update MP3 and then connect the iPod? I think I had to do this for one of the iceLink I updated.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After I play the Start_Update and I connect the ipod it shows the play icon and also gives me the message "dont browes while driving and I waited about 10 mins nothing.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Is the head unit counting tracks up at that time?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
While updating can the cd changer be on any number? How long does it take to update the firmware? When I play the Start_update and plug the ipod to the icelink and I get a play icon along with the warning message does that mean its updating? How long does it really take?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
IIRC it should start at 0 and count up to 99, it doesn't take longer than a couple of minutes. The iPod message is always the same, the "Do not disconnect" shows up as soon as the iPod is docked. Make sure that your iceLink is in Dension mode so that it can control the iPod. I can't remember exactly but I think I did everything with CD 1.

·
Registered
43 Posts
msharifi said:
I have a Icelink plus Ver 2.05 and like to update the firmware to 2.17. I followed all the steps that I got from the website did what the steps said but once I plug the ipod to icelink it will not update.

Help what am I missing?

Is there another how to or someone that did it can tell me the steps.

Thanks

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
AudiA4B6US said:
IIRC it should start at 0 and count up to 99, it doesn't take longer than a couple of minutes. The iPod message is always the same, the "Do not disconnect" shows up as soon as the iPod is docked. Make sure that your iceLink is in Dension mode so that it can control the iPod. I can't remember exactly but I think I did everything with CD 1.

What you mean the icelink should be in Dension mode how do you change that?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
That's the mode were you control the iPod from the head unit and not using the iPod click wheel.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Thinking about it, it was a pain to use the RNS-E to get the iceLink firmware updated. I can't even remember if I ever used the RNS-E to start the update because IIRC 2.05 doesn't support the RNS-E. I think I ended up putting my Symphony back in to do the update.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
AudiA4B6US said:
Thinking about it, it was a pain to use the RNS-E to get the iceLink firmware updated. I can't even remember if I ever used the RNS-E to start the update because IIRC 2.05 doesn't support the RNS-E. I think I ended up putting my Symphony back in to do the update.
Really? I still have my Symphony in the box. I will try that tomorrow swap the units and see if I can get the update..

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I swap my RNS-E with the Symphony and same thing. right when it starts the Update_start I plug the ipod and I dont get the track count from 1-99...

could it be cause my Symphony radio is newer also? March 2006?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I ordered another Icelink plus just got it today. Installed it on my RNS-E current ver 2.02 updated the firmware to 2.17 update took less then 3 mins. I'm guessing the first one I had trouble with it was a bad unit.

Thanks everyone for helping out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts