Audi Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to use the iceLink I had in my B5 in the B7 with Nav? I took out the head unit and the plugs on the back of the nav look a lot different than those on the B5. I saw some posts of people having the iceLink with Nav. What did you do to install the kit?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The hardware is the same but you may need to update your IceLink Plus software to at least version 2.05 (2.14 is the newest right now). You will also need a new harness between the RNS-E Quadlock and the IceLink Plus module. I would ask on Audiworld/Audizine if someone who has bought the Audi iPod adapter has a spare RNS-E harness. The Audi adapter comes with both, the RNS-E harness and the ISO harness and only one is usually used.

Now, if you really have the IceLink (without "Plus") I don't know because I have never seen one before.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info! I do have the IceLink Plus. I will look for that RNS-E harness.

Do you have any pics of what I am looking for?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
For reference, the audi part number for the RNS-E to iPod adapter "black box" is 8E0 051 445A. Not sure if it can be ordered seperately yet.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
NSX JR said:
For reference, the audi part number for the RNS-E to iPod adapter "black box" is 8E0 051 445A. Not sure if it can be ordered seperately yet.
And just to make this reference complete, the Audi blackbox works fine with the Dension cables (both the head unit harness and the iPod connection). Same vice versa.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Question about the display

What gets displayed on the RNS-E screen when using this IceLink Plus product? Does the track/song information get displayed on the screen. I was hoping to put the iPod in the glovebox and not have to worry about looking at it to Navigate through the files. Please let me know, I am thinking about having Teddy make me a custom wiring harness so I can retain the use of my XM and CD Changer. Anyone have some pictures of the RNS-E with it hooked in?

·
Registered
14 Posts
The icelink emulates a cd changer and shows only track/song numbers. The Disc number (1-5 & 6) is used for selecting playlists and configuration menu.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Re: Question about the display

audihir said:
What gets displayed on the RNS-E screen when using this IceLink Plus product? Does the track/song information get displayed on the screen. I was hoping to put the iPod in the glovebox and not have to worry about looking at it to Navigate through the files. Please let me know, I am thinking about having Teddy make me a custom wiring harness so I can retain the use of my XM and CD Changer. Anyone have some pictures of the RNS-E with it hooked in?
No Audi head unit display text for devices connected to the CD changer port. This applies to CD changer, IceLink, Phatbox, or plain audio in devices.

The RNS-E will just show the CD changer menu like this:
[siteimg:f28b1c745b]474[/siteimg:f28b1c745b]

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for the info

Thanks for the info guys...I think I may try to focus on the CarPC setup instead...I would like to have the option on unlimited MP3's, WiFi, and DVD's all in one...and this is the way to go for that. Sounds like AudiA4B6US has made some good progress on the CarPC, so I think that is what I will look into...we just need to get the RNS-E to control the PC :) but you can always to a touchpanel or an wireless pointer device.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts