Audi Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 80GB Ipod Video black wanted to know if the Icelink cable would work because on the site says 30 or 60GB 3rd Gen.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
The connector that comes with the icelink kit. It is a typical ipod connector that works on pretty much everything except the nano or shuffle because they are too small to even have the connector built in.

Did you think that the reason your 80GB ipod was not listed on the device list is because it was not even produced at the time the device list was printed? The icelink is old now so the list would not have been updated in quite some time.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As I was at the Audi Dealer to pick up my car due to Service they had the Ipod cable for the NAV and Symp. stereo. The cost is $175 Do you guys think its better to get that or Icelink or icelink does the same thing with less Money?

I also found the Icelink Plus on ebay for $ 69 brand new is that good price or too many problems?

-

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
You can get the Icelink for $0.99 plus shipping, it comes with a cradle that fits the 80GB (someone on Audiworld confirmed this) and can be updated to the 2.17 firmware that allows almost DICE like controls.

I tried both the Audi cable and the Icelink and I went back to the IceLink Plus because it was just working better.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
msharifi said:
Where can you get it from for 99 cent? Can I get the link?
Oops, I guess all the 99 cent auctions ended now.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Yes, a couple of weeks ago.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Just go for the DICE, better price and better controls than the audi kit. Allows for unlimited playlists and has an AUX input if you want one.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Would the Dice does it work with the RNS-E? does all Dice iPod i-AUDI-R Integration Kit work on the Nav? I dont have the OEM SAT radio.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
None of them are really plug and play because there are always other wires in the original connectors that you have to accomodate. You'll have to study your particular car and decide the best way to connect it. For instance, if you have SAT radio, you will have to connect the ipod audio wires to the SAT tuner, not to the headunit itself.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts