Audi Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a lot of fun between 2006 and the early 20-teens hacking the heck out of the RNS-E and MMI 2G. There is no forum like this out there (or I haven't found it yet) with enthusiasts like there were here.

I got a new A4 B9, VCDS HEX-CAN and VAG CAN PRO/VCP but there is just not enough open and honest communication out there on the other forums. VCP support basically doesn't exist, VCDS is lacking on the new MIB2 platform and everybody wants make a quick buck or two instead of sharing.

Sorry for the rant, just had to vent...

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
I couldn't agree more...

Audi have made the electronics so complicated that developers such as Ross-Tech are struggling to keep up, so support is not as strong as it used to be. This is encouraging people who do manage to work out a good tweak to make a few bucks rather than sharing freely - which has always been the ethos of this site.

Most other auto forums, not just VAG ones, are going the same route. Which is IMHO the opposite of what owners need, with more complex electronics we need good owners groups so we can take expensive dealer "diagnostic checks" out of the loop whenever possible.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts