Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2007 2.0T A4 quattro on the way from Germany (ordered it in sprint blue as an Oettinger show car) and i know i'm going to want to upgrade the sound system. I've e-mailed a guy from Audiworld regarding a harness he makes and to get pricing but thats all i can really find.

My requirements are:

- Must retain factory NAV functaionality

- Must retain steering controls

- Must bypass the stupid bose compression.

- Must allow me to add at least 2 amplifiers which will power two component sets and dual 10" subs.

Have all these issues been sorted out yet? I also hear this guy on Audiworld "TeddyBGame" sells a wiring harness that can be used to utilize a Euro Spec RS4 steering wheel that can allow for radio controls to function properly.

I shot him an e-mail this evening. Hopefully i'll hear back soon.

Best regards,
-Andrew Kalionzes
Oettinger Brand Manager North America @ CEC Wheels

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Andrew LB said:
You can't bypass Bose AudioPilot with just wiring at the headunit - the wiring at the Bose amplifier needs changing. There's an Audi TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) which shows how to do it.

But since it looks like you plan to replace the amps anyway, it's probably not something you even need to bother about! Just get an adapter that is wired for Bose (so the four line out connections from the RNS-E are live) and you're cooking!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PetrolDave said:
Andrew LB said:
You can't bypass Bose AudioPilot with just wiring at the headunit - the wiring at the Bose amplifier needs changing. There's an Audi TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) which shows how to do it.

But since it looks like you plan to replace the amps anyway, it's probably not something you even need to bother about! Just get an adapter that is wired for Bose (so the four line out connections from the RNS-E are live) and you're cooking!

Sounds good to me. I may just go that route. I was just under the impression that some bose crap was pre-programmed into the HU and that the unit has actual line outs.

I've been out of the Audi modding scene for a while now. But i'm back in full effect with a new car arriving soon and more!

Thanks for your help!

-Andrew

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now If i completely by pass the factory BOSE amp and run RCA's to my amplifiers then speakers, will I still have the functionality of navigation audio, steering wheel controls, and the use of Bluetooth for my cell phone?

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Andrew LB said:
Now If i completely by pass the factory BOSE amp and run RCA's to my amplifiers then speakers, will I still have the functionality of navigation audio, steering wheel controls, and the use of Bluetooth for my cell phone?
Yes.

All that functionality is mainly via the infotainment CAN bus and some direct connections between the Bluetooth interface and the RNS-E.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.