Audi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...the clima is always on ECON.. I cant get it off!

When ECON is on the aircondition is not turned on, why on earth is that ? I can turn AUTO on, but then AUTO and ECON is on..
Even if I push the ECON, the light goes off.. and then when i release it turns on again.. !?!?

Does anyone know why this happens ?? Whats wrong ?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
029kid said:
...the clima is always on ECON.. I cant get it off!

When ECON is on the aircondition is not turned on, why on earth is that ? I can turn AUTO on, but then AUTO and ECON is on..
Even if I push the ECON, the light goes off.. and then when i release it turns on again.. !?!?

Does anyone know why this happens ?? Whats wrong ?

You probably threw a fault code somewhere that is keeping your A/C compressor from turning on. Check your fault codes and clear any of them that don't sound dangerous to the operation of your car. Once they are cleared, everything should work fine.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi thanks for your answer.. I just plugged the clima in, I did not vagcom anything. I dont even own a vagcom, I need that to check any fault code right ?
Shouldt any fault code show up when I start the car if something was wrong ?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
029kid said:
Hi thanks for your answer.. I just plugged the clima in, I did not vagcom anything. I dont even own a vagcom, I need that to check any fault code right ?
Shouldt any fault code show up when I start the car if something was wrong ?
It is probably a fault in the system somewhere especially if you accidently powered up the car with the climate control unplugged. The only way to clear it will be with VAG or with the dealer's VAS tool.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
029kid said:
Worth checking your fault codes before assuming you have the same problem - as NSX JR said if you turned the ignition on with the climate control connections not fully made then it would throw a fault code and disable the compressor to protect itself.

5 minutes with VAG-COM could save you a lot of heart ache!

Where are you based? There maybe someone nearby with VAG-COM who can help you out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Will do, but a friend of mine has the exact same problem... he got it after installing the RNS aswell.....wierd!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Problem solved..
It was a fault code!
Dont know where or what it was, my local Audi store fixed it for me.. 100euro :\ ack

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes and you are my heroes :] wouldnt made the installation without you guys...

thanks for all info

1 - 11 of 11 Posts