Audi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
](*,) Alright guys. I've been through this site a thousand times without any clear explanation and conficting answers. I have an '06 A4 3.2 S-Line with NavPlus. I want to upgrade to v0150 and the dealers (DC Area) jerk me around saying they don't have a disk.

So, if I order the new 2007 maps, will the 0150 version load or do I need to get it elsewhere? I think this process should be it's only highlighted area in this forum.

thanx

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Provided your RNS-E is either a genuine US model, or an EU version fully converted to US software, all you need is the 2007 DVD.

Just insert it and watch and wait while the software is updated to version 0150.

Then enjoy the new software and new maps.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
If you got it with your new car then it's the genuine US version.

·
Registered
9 Posts
AudiA4B6US said:
How can you tell if you didn't get it with the car...I know I am running sw 0150 at this point but how to tell if it is full US or EU with US sw?

Thanks

·
Registered
128 Posts
S44JR said:
AudiA4B6US said:
How can you tell if you didn't get it with the car...I know I am running sw 0150 at this point but how to tell if it is full US or EU with US sw?

Thanks
Click on car and then version.

If it says X- it is a EU unit
It it sayd 0150 it is either a US unit or fuly converted EU unit

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The only way to tell if it was factory installed is to look at the options sticker. Or in older cars, pull it out and see if the plugs coming from the car are ISO (Symphony II and older) or Quadlock (RNS-E or 2007 radios). The only way to say if the RNS-E was originally a Euro or US unit is to look at the buttons. US units have a FM|AM and CD/SD button, Euro units have a RADIO and CD/TV button.

·
Registered
9 Posts
AudiA4B6US said:
The only way to tell if it was factory installed is to look at the options sticker. Or in older cars, pull it out and see if the plugs coming from the car are ISO (Symphony II and older) or Quadlock (RNS-E or 2007 radios). The only way to say if the RNS-E was originally a Euro or US unit is to look at the buttons. US units have a FM|AM and CD/SD button, Euro units have a RADIO and CD/TV button.
thanks...that means I have the Euro unit running sw 0150(now) - any difference as far as functionality between the two different units?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
S44JR said:
any difference as far as functionality between the two different units?
Nothing that would be known so far.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Guys, just an update. I visited another dealers yesterday to have some work done and the mechanic there who owns an new S4 was feeling my pain. He has the new disk and said he'd update it for me this week. He said that it's not a "corporate" offering and it's version 0160. Even though it'll still display that it's a 0150.

Thanks again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts