Audi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm new to this - I have a 2008 S5 with MMI/Nav.. the version screen currently shows:

SW: B8-HU 30.1.0 0725
HW: B8-HU 6340D2.0

How do I tell which version of MMI I'm running? Is it version 3010?

I'm in the US.

What is the latest version of MMI I could upgrade to? I have a VAG-COM but not sure if I'll need it for an MMI update.. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
402 Posts
You are in Europe or US? (yes You have 3010)

bye,

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
I think that's been posted already, maybe worth having a look in one of the threads in this forum?

I'm not an expert on the MMI system, so I would probably answer wrong!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not clear on which is the latest for a US S5.. I see a lot of threads on the EU version but not so many on the US version..

anybody?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
My guess is that if the EU version is stil 5170 since launch of the A4/A5, and the US lags behind the EU, then there will be no update currently for the US.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi All,

I'm new to this - I have a 2008 S5 with MMI/Nav.. the version screen currently shows:

SW: B8-HU 30.1.0 0725
HW: B8-HU 6340D2.0

How do I tell which version of MMI I'm running? Is it version 3010?

I'm in the US.

What is the latest version of MMI I could upgrade to? I have a VAG-COM but not sure if I'll need it for an MMI update.. Thanks in advance!
I believe the progression of (major?) US software versions is . . .

Theese are the ones that I see referenced a lot. Your's is the first reference I've seen to a US 3010 software version. Not that I'm the authoritative source for this. Just been reading a lot on the subject for my 2005 A6.

What I'm trying to do is put together a list of what each of the major software upgrades gives me, in terms of better functionality. For example, I know one of the software updates (I believe 3360) gets rid of the "lawyer induced" nag screen when the MMI powers up.

-K2

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Yes but these references are not for A4/A5

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
Ah, there I go again - learning something.

So the A4/S4s have a MMI but it's different version then the one in an A6?
You're about to learn something else...

It's only the B8 A4s that have MMI, the B8 S4 isn't on sale yet so NO S4 has MMI.

B6/B7 A4/S4/RS4's have the RNS-E not MMI.

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
It might help if you didn't post in 2 places - that question has been answered in your other thread!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It might help if you didn't post in 2 places - that question has been answered in your other thread!
Right, but somebody above said that the reference list including 4140 wasn't for the A5/S5.. which is why I'm a bit un-clear. I'd hate to stick the 4140 update in and brick the MMI =(

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
I just think it's too confusing having half of the answers here and half in another thread.

Which thread would you like me to close?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts