Audi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im trying to take off the face plate so i can paint it. has anyone done a wright up on it or know how to do it.

i have searched but cant find anything ... any help would be great thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
remove the 4 silver screws on each site ( left and right) remove the 2 small screws at the bottom side. Then you can pull out the faceplate + lcd screen

Now you need to remove the lcd screen. The lcd screen is fixed with 3 black screws. But please make sure you use an very good screwdriver cause otherwise you will destroy these screws which happens very easily then you cant remove them anymore....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok i got everything painted and put it back in the car but the main button i could only click but not spin. so i couldnt even enter in the coad.. anyways i took it appart and tested the FLAT CABLE (white cable with 8 wires and blue ends) that connects the button to the main board... and a cupple of the out side wires dont work do i must have broken some trying to pull it appart or put it back together... my question is does anyone know where i can get one ... i found the main webcite for them

http://www.sei.co.jp/ewp/E/product/detail/7_02.html

its SML2CD
(105°C, 60V)

but i cant find any place to buy it does anyone have any idea where i can order one from ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts