Audi Forum banner

661 - 671 of 671 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
I'm using ImgBurn and when I click burn it tells me that there is not enough space on dvd and if I want to continue.
You need a dual-layer DVD, sounds like you only have a single-layer DVD.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yea, figured it out few minutes after writing that post.
Now I'm getting a problem that my backup is recognized as Software Update CD/DVD not as a map - that a wrong book-type set problem, right?

EDIT: I'm using NEC/Optiarc AD-7200S writer (with changed firmware which allows me for setting the book-type) with book-type set for DVD-ROM and my backups are still recognized as Software Update CD/DVD. But on 1 or 2 burned discs I'm getting inproperty inserted message - what does that mean?

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
Now I'm getting a problem that my backup is recognized as Software Update CD/DVD not as a map - that a wrong book-type set problem, right?
That's one of the reasons - as this thread shows, the make of DVD burner and the firmware version is also important.

If you don't have the right burner with the right firmware, you'll just keep making coasters.

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
Ok, but what about the Inproperly inserted disc problem?
The disc is so wrong that even the outer layer (which is where the SW update files are located) is unreadable.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yea, figured it out few minutes after writing that post.

EDIT: I'm using NEC/Optiarc AD-7200S writer (with changed firmware which allows me for setting the book-type) with book-type set for DVD-ROM and my backups are still recognized as Software Update CD/DVD. But on 1 or 2 burned discs I'm getting inproperty inserted message - what does that mean?
Hi there,

Read my post on Page 62 and 63, I published this after a successful burn Maybe that will help a little ;-).

Also PIPO tests are useful sometimes. It checks the 'noisiness' of the disc or written quality. I found that slower writes create less noise.

Somewhere-else in this post there must be a list of working writers. I have not looked for almost a year.

Hope that helps.:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all, I signed up just to say thanks for this thread. I burned two coasters trying to make a backup of the 2011 RNS-E disk. FYI the ASUS DRW-24B1ST does not work. I started with the standard firmware then updated to the newest one (OEM) that automatically selected DVD-ROM for DVD+R DL's. Neither disk worked. The first burn said insert nav disk. The second burn said nav disk unreadable.

I ended up finding a used Pioneer DVR-115DBK for $15 online in my city. It had firmware 1.18 on it which I read auto selected DVD-ROM (it did). I did not bother updating to the new 1.22 for fear it would not work.

Either way, I did not change any settings, used Nero Burning Rom Version 10 with a dual layer Memorex 8X max disk, burned at 2.4x.

It worked first try! :D 8)

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have finally sorted this and its dead simple on a MAC! Simply load an app caled TOAST ( search btjunkie for free copy or pm me) , Then its just a case of insert your original satnav dvd and press copy, as east as that. BUT you must use verbatim DVD +R DL and have a writer capable of writing dl dvd:s. I can backup your master for you if you wish to pm me

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Guys - I'm having a ton of difficulty creating a backup of my 2010 RNS-E DVD. I've tried it on 3 computers, two with verified burners that work (Mac Pro using windows and Nero 9, Macbook Pro using Windows and Nero 10, HP POS laptop using Nero 10). The great news for me is that I've got about ten DVD+R DL coasters :-/. If anyone has a 2010 DVD that's working would you PM me?

Ah.. yep, just ate up my last DVD DL... I tried toast in my Mac and it did not work. Help pretty please :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
I am tying to upgrade my US RNS-E's firmware fro 0150 to 0260, so I burned an image to DVD+R DL, book type: DVDROM, etc. But when I insert the disc into my RNS-E, I get the initializing Navigation for a long long long time (maybe 30 min). Eventually, the nav goes into Nav screen, but firmware is still the original version. It looks like it is a new map due to some new POI. Is there some reason it takes that long to read?

Any reason it doesn't work? Does it need to be burned at 1/2 speed?

I am not as interested in the new map since the NY are is pretty much 100% built and there is rarely any changes in any of the streets or highways.

The required 5 files for firmware are there, and it specifies:
SOFIDX:0260
NAVVER:V2220317
AUDVER:A2220141
so I presume it is good.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi there, i failed to make an copy of my rns-e dvd 2011 west europe.
Can't read the maps, only the update 0650

My computer: Windows 7 - 64 bit

Burner: Nec ND3500AG
Firmware: 2.58

Using dvd+r dl verbatim 8x

Using img burn 2.5.5.0
Didnt change booktype: standard was normal

Burnspeed 2.4x

Sorry for my worse english!

What i have to do, to have a good copy??

Grtz Martijn from Holland

661 - 671 of 671 Posts