Audi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people!,
I'm currently changing my "old" NaviPlus DX (the RNS-D, CD based system) with a new NaviPlus RNS-E (DVD based). I have bought almost everything was needed in order to make the update process successful but.. I still got doubts about the TMX box.

Searching the forum I've found this useful link:
http://7797.rapidforum.com/topic=100279019566

Unluckily, it's in German and pics are not really clear: what should I do in oder to correctly "jump" the old (not needed anymore) TMC box? Apart from putting together the antenna plugs, what about the CAN-bus connector getting into the TMC box? Does anybody have the connector scheme?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I'm not very familiar with the old RNS-D but what he says is basically the following:
- Locate the TMC unit in the left side of the trunk.
- Disconnect both antenna cables and connect them to each other.
- Unplug the connector from the TMC unit and open it.
- Locate Pin 2 (white/grey) and 8 (orange/brown), cut them off and solder them together
- Locate Pin 3 (grey/red) and 9 (orange/blue), cut them off and solder them together

You can find a wiring plan for the TMC at www.nav-plus.com, almost at the end of the page.

Good luck...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi AudiA4B6US!,
that is exactly what I was looking for!! Thanks for your great help!
As I will have finished the installation, I'll supply full info to the other guys on the forum. I think it could be useful!!
Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts