Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a working copy of the software update from another A3 owner. I inserted the CD and nothing happens. Is there a specific procedure for installing the software?

Thanks.

Chris

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Please be more specific. What software are you trying to install (version, region) and what software is currently installed on your RNS-E?

·
Registered
7 Posts
you have been at this a while eh?

I inserted the CD and nothing happens. Is there a specific procedure for installing the software?
Yes - RTFFr!

sorry, always wanted to do that... :lol:

back to your problem...

Eject the Map DVD and put the CD in and wait for the update to finish** (will boot 2 times)

*Additional changes/restrictions may apply—see individual posts for more details. The two below should help you.

Click here to begin

Engineering Mode

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

I am in the USA. The current SW version is 0110 and the HW is H71.

I insert the CD, and nothing happens. The NAV screen says: "Please insert the Nav DVD".

I know this CD is good as it came from another A3 owner who installed the software successfully.

Thoughts?

Chris

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Go into Engineering Mode and post the NAVVER of your RNS-E. If you got a Euro RNS-E it could be that it's still running in Euro mode. See links above for details.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
System SW index: 0110
HW index: H71
Map database index:
HU/Navi SW version V222023F
Boot Version V220100D
Audio SW version A220132-110505
Serial No: AUZBZ7E2301395

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Ok, one more question: What is to contents of INDEX.TXT on the update CD?

Based on the NAVVER you have posted your RNS-E should automatically do the update to US0150.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, this is strange. I loaded the disk in my Mac and there are no files on it. It was burned by a PC guy... is that why I can't see anything?

I should note, that I burned over 10 CDs and DVDs on my own and nothing worked. The TXT version on my attempts was:

SOFIDX:0150
NAVVER:V222027E
AUDVER:A2220134

Arrrrgggg.... why is this so hard?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Looks like you have the right files and your RNS-E should accept the update. If you have no other issues reading MP3 CDs or the navi DVD I would recommend to find another PC guy and create a new update CD.

·
Registered
517 Posts
AudiA4B6US,
I noticed that the AUDIO version up above is A220... instead of A222...
doesn't that indicate that the previous update did not complete? Could that be part of his problem?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I think that's only a typo, A220132 is not a valid version and A2220132 is the AUDVER from 0110. The Euro AUDVER would be A221xxxx but there is no A2210132 in Europe.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am going through the same issues. My SW ver is X--. the CD will not boot. I imagine I have an incomplete update, ergo, I will need special procedures.
The CD index file is

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
takuem said:
I am going through the same issues. My SW ver is X--. the CD will not boot. I imagine I have an incomplete update, ergo, I will need special procedures.
The CD index file is
What's the NAVVER shown in Engineering Mode?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
takuem said:
Sorry I took so long, had to attend to the lady

Navi ver V220100d
That's the boot version, not the navi sw version (NAVVER).

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
takuem said:
You are right:)

HW index H51
Map database index:
HU/Navi SW version V220057B
Boot Version V220100D

Thanks again,

Ed
Your unit is still in Europ mode. Follow the links earlier in this topic on how to create an update CD to clean up the version mismatch, a VAG-COM will be required to force the downgrade and prepare for future automatic updates.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am still in Euro mode... Is it possible that is why I am having DVD issues, ie, DVD not read (have had them since I got the unit in August).

thanks Dirk.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
No, random map DVD read errors are not related to a mixed/wrong version. Just the automatic update won't work.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Feedback for update to SW 0150...

Since I have the X-- I went ahead and modified the Loading.KWI to reflect V2200... instead of V222...

I made my SOFIDX to be 0120 (lest I screw up two more times as I work upwards to 0150)

I was successful, and now have the 07 SW, so I have some success. Unfortunately, I still have the X--, and my backup DVD still does not work:), hasn't for two weeks now. I plan on testing an original DVD this week (anyone in metro Detroit willing to exchange 15 minutes for a six pack?), then I will buy one.

Thanks for the assistance Dirk.

Regards,

Ed

1 - 20 of 45 Posts